Why not use Gooseberry avatar ?

Why not use Gooseberry avatar to show our participation in the project ?

Every one who pledged to gooseberry can use this avatar.

Sorry for my english :confused:

At the very least its a nice thought.

It would be cool to do something a bit “viral” I guess.

Very pro-active. Thumbs up.

Other avatar made by Remy lescornet.

Attachments

Moved from “Latest News” to “Blender and CG Discussions”

I would imagine some nicely designed FB and Twitter profile banners would also be effective:

Ok, I’ve made this for those who wants to use them :

the big picture :

the avatar :

And it should look like this :

On another forum I frequent, supporters of the crowd-funding effort had the forum add an extra image (like a badge) indicating they were official sponsors of the project. Worked out well because, being an official badge added automatically by the forum software, you didn’t get anyone who didn’t contribute with the badge pretending they did.

Is this asking too much from the BlenderArtist site administrators? Don’t want to push something they can’t get the site software to handle.

If I recall, back in the heyday of Elysiun, there were “donating member” badges, but I’m not sure if that pertained to donations to this site or to Blender proper.

Short version: the functionality is there, AFAIK, but it would take some work to have it automatically tie in with the Gooseberry pledge system.

The long version is that I suspect it would be faster (in the short term) to have a field as part of the donation process (or maybe the cloud account?) that indicates a BA username. Then the Gooseberry folks would share those names with a BA admin to do the update (which really shouldn’t be more than a simple mysql query).

Worked out well because, being an official badge added automatically by the forum software, you didn’t get anyone who didn’t contribute with the badge pretending they did.

I haven’t donated…yet. But until I can afford it, I don’t see why I cant use the avatar. One of the good uses of those ‘badges’ or ‘banners’ should be for people that cannot afford donating, but are partial with the project and want to spread the word and help anyway they can. The “He didn’t donate so he doesn’t deserve a ‘badge’.” attitude is childish and I was hoping that those forums already passed that phase.

Anyways, if it is in violations with any rules I will take mine down. I got a link to the Gooseberry website in my signature as well. Let me know if it is appropriate.

There’s nothing wrong with setting your avatar or sig to Gooseberry material. BTolputt was simply suggesting another possible option that may be worth investigating on the forum.

I just changed my avatar, seems like a good idea

Nice cover image matray, but I think it would be better if you add the Gooseberry link in there.

Just a couple of quickies :slight_smile:

Attachments

This. I wasn’t trying to diss anyone or suggest there was anything wrong with the avatar method. It’s simply that having a badge can be a status symbol that promotes fence-sitters to join in. If the goal is getting more donations/pledges, then having something more to offer fence-sitters (even as small as a forum badge) is a Good Thing[SUP]tm[/SUP]

In the same kind of idea, I made a 3D Printable Gooseberry Token model.
e5dy printed and took the picture.