Island Alone - Low Poly Illustration

This is my second try at a simple, low-poly scene after seeing this tutorial (http://cgi.tutsplus.com/tutorials/secrets-to-creating-low-poly-illustrations-in-blender--cg-31770)

I’ve only been working in blender and studying design for about a year now, so all feedback is very appreciated. Don’t hold back criticism.
Thankyou,
-Noah

its a bit simple. the house is all one color. the trees look too big, so i would suggest adding a tree house or so to the biggie [tree]. that would also spice up the scene a tad. make the water reflective. add a window and a chimney or something to the house.
i think its a bit simple, so i would suggest using it as a starting point for something more detail. if its a wood house, make it out of slightly speparatd cylinders to make it look like logs. if you want to keep the lowpoly / triangular look of it, replace the cylinders with cubes, and there is a triangulate. the shadow of the mountain gets lighter in the middle, which is unrealistic. it should get /darker/ in the middle. also, why is there grass on top of the mountain but not further down? add some thickness to the dock. the mountain has one lone triangle sticking out at water level to the left of the house that appears to have no thickness.
the most important thing to do i think is to add colors to the house, it looks very flat right now.
nice trees though. reminds me of immortalzombie and blendermann :slight_smile:

Thanks for the feedback, I’m going to keep working on it and post an update soon enough. I love the tree house idea, it never even crossed my mind!

can you maybe post an update? cant wait to see it :slight_smile:

This is it, the final version, there are still a few things that aren’t quite perfect but I think its time to abandon it! I decided to focus more on a story to the illustration in order to make it interesting instead of just adding more objects. Thanks for the help, and again, meaningful criticism is appreciated!

very very cool! only crit: the anchor chain would not come off the side of the boat, it would come out of the front.
that is a very cute rowboat :slight_smile:

thankyou .

reminds me of monkey island.

Looking good. Smooth it out and then edge split it.