Transport Train

Hey guys! I’m so excited i finished this project i gave myself a deadline of 2 weeks and reached it. Everything was done in blender including compositing. Hope y’all like it and i really appreciate those who participated in my WIP and gave critique it would not look as good without it haha :yes:

Inspiration came from an earlier train model i made that was not that good so i believe this is major improvement lol
Edit: forgot to add map value to make small atmospheric type looking air haha

Attachments

Looks very clean, too clean for a train. Modeling and lighting are great though. How many samples?

just like around 350 samples

Nice and clean! Love the reflections on the windows, looks very realistic. Actually, hard to find anything to give critique on… apart from the floor… maybe it shouldn’t be made from wood, not really sure. :slight_smile:

yea i tried different textures for floor but couldn’t find any better than that one

Looks very nice but I think the depth of field is a bit much. Also, if you do use DoF do it through the camera focus distance and f/stop settings rather than the defocus node.

I like the map value for mist best!

Wait why you say that arkitekt? cause i found that doing it with the defocus node decreases render times and gives more control but i did use focal distance to determine the center of defocus

I like it, but I wouldn’t call it finished. It’s too clean, and you need to run it for a few more samples. Right now, it’s a bit too perfect to look real.

i honestly don’t understand…are you saying i should make it look like a run-down abandoned train or jus subtle grundge cause I’m pretty sure public trains are kept clean

I think it looks great! Very realistic with regard to materials and lighting.
Not sure who is from where but i am from the UK and go on a train everyday and it is absolutely filthy :frowning:
Wish i could travel on this train!

Good Job!

yea kuroOokami nothings wrong with some graffiti and grundge but i jus thought it might be realistic with out it i mean think about it why the people who control the train and clean it let people put graffiti and vandalize it unless it was like abandoned :confused:

You’ve obviously never been to some of the tougher areas in the USA. NYC trains are known for this in some of the areas. And they don’t have to be abandoned, train left in the station for servicing or something and vandals just break open the doors… easy enough.

On the outside there’s entire subway trains covered in graffiti just as you’d find with regular rail cars.

Great work. Subways have always been cool to me in their own creepy way.
The only thing that the scene’s missing is trash on the floor.