Good Practice: Scaling?

Is it in general, good practice for a gun’s scale to be something other than 1,1,1? I realized I have a couple of guns in my game that are parented to my player and have animations.

I don’t want to run into problems later on in the game development process. I have used Alt-D to link them so I can’t use apply scaling, mostly because I want to apply a texture to my guns (all of them across all layers) later on in the game.
any advice?

It’s usually good to apply the scale of various objects before running the game because the scale itself could mess with the physics bounds depending on what type is used.

An exception is when you need to have linked objects throughout the game at varying sizes or you want to use the object.localScale attribute.

Depending on the physics of you guns, you may run into issues with the scale, Ive found that if I scale an object in object mode, and have a bounding box in the physics settings, The box may be bigger or smaller than the object while playing (you can enable physics visualization to test this) If you want to keep the scale, just press Ctrl-A so you can apply the scale.

Haha, basically exactly what ace dragon said, His comment wasnt there when I started typing mine haha. Redundant comment is redundant.

Ok thanks guys. Makes sense to me :slight_smile: