Getting some frames rendering black in Blender 2.70

Hey guys! hope all is well with your work! I am dealing with a turnaround animation that is rendering some black frames. I’m using cycles with gpu compute (Galaxy Nvidia GTX 670) and I’ve had to re-render a few times. Motion blur is not turned on and I’ve tried to reduce any excess quality settings like samples, light bounces, and resolution percentage. I also have spatial splits and save buffers on too (didn’t make a difference and still rendered black frames). Does anyone have any guesses or hunches as to what is going on? Blender will render some images and then skip a few(rendered black) and end up doing another 1-3+ and do it again.

Thanks!

If you are talking about a turntable style animation perhaps one of your lights is actually inside the mesh momentarily as it spins? Thus blocking the light for a few frames?

Ahh that seems likely, do I then just decrease the distance of the light? Also, is there anyway to change the distance in cycles? I just moved the area lamp back to get it away from the mesh a little bit but I’m still getting some renders coming up black.

I’m not doing anything but simple camera tracking and wave motion and all my frames come up black do yours render fine on the viewport? Mine do but come up black in folder??