Challenge #563 (03/28/14) Entries CLOSED (Special Edition)

Theme #563 for March 28 2014 is:

[TABLE=“class: grid, width: 500”]

Organic
Inorganic

Prehistoric Animals
Artillery

Creepy-crawly
Robotics

Wildcard *
Fluffy Friend
Tools

[/TABLE]

Entry closes at 2100 GMT -5 or 8pm CST, Monday April 07 2014.

This contest runs for 10 days. Entries must incorporate a minimal of one “Organic” and a minimal of one “Inorganic” topic. The previous contest winner is eligible to participate but must contain the wildcard topics. Good luck and have fun!

One question: an entry is 1 image depicting a minimum of one Organic and one Inorganic topic or have the topics to be presented in separate images?

Or we can just go crazy and include everything and have a prehistoric fluffy friends, creepy crawly robotic artillery tool?
:slight_smile:

sounds like fun. I haven’t been able to participate in a while due to my schedule, but hopefully I will be able to come up with something for this challenge.

Teld, and entry will be 1 single image containing a minimum of one inorganic and one organic. You could use more if you want as SonnySee mentions also. Good luck with it.

Quandtrum, do you think it might be ok to post in one or two other places to draw attention to the special edition, possibly get more entries for this?

Thanks for the clarification, Ryeath!

Just to clarify, contest is still a single image entry, see @Ryeath answer in post #4.

That is a big yes, you can incorporate as many additional topics as you like. Put them all together and see if the universe implodes!

I do think it’s okay to post elsewhere for awareness; I would say no more than once on this site (perhaps off topic or news, I am sure the moderators will be accepting). Also feel free to reach out on other site forum boards and invite people to participate. Additionally, some contestant WIP threads (here on BA) also help with contest awareness and the contestant themselves. You are right, it’s a good opportunity to encourage others to try their hand at participating.

oooh, special edition! like the idea :smiley:

I’m really glad this is a long one :slight_smile: Some great themes, and no time this weekend!

Haha i hate to be that guy who asks questions after it’s been clarified 2-3 times.

We are making just one image? or having one entry for both organic and inorganic? x:

siiiiinnnglle iiimmmaaaage!!!

anway my entry: the mechanical (robotic) cat (fluffy) with wrench legs (tools) and a dino tail (prehistoric animals) and porcupine armour (not in any of the topics) and a laser cannon (artillery). its noisy and i want to add a mouse on top of the laser cannon (creepy crawly?) but i am going on a trip and may or may not have internet access for a while, so i at least want to post a render:

is it okay if i post an update or two when i have internet access?

found the time to add some texturing:

posting progress is ok?

posting progress is ok?

I don’t know…maybe is better if you edit your original post.

First time i see a
[TABLE=“class: grid, width: 500”]

table
in this forum!

[/TABLE]

Here my entry, pure, “assembly” :

Mixed tools, prehistoric animal, fluffy friend and robotics, everything on a messy table.

That is one weird looking critter you have there f311x. Freaky.

Nice render mik1190. Real good job on the cat. One of these days I need to buckle down and quit making excuses and learn how to make hair.

Here’s mine, i did it the last W-E, and i don’t think i’ll have time this week.
Pure blender (i only used an image of a tree for the texture)
@mik1190, you are a true artist o.

This is my entry for this contest.Whole image made in blender.Rendered in cycles.Good luck everyone

Full version: http://flitsart.deviantart.com/art/Sunset-445287931

Rendered in BI, characters were made in MakeHuman, post-processing was done in Photoshop.
The rabbit was downloaded from the Big Buck Bunny project.

This is my entry for the contest.Fully modelled in blender and rendered in cycles.
I thought of the side theme “not always the size matters”

Excellent entry mik, that cat is amazing. great materials and lighiing. Only real critique is that the proportions on the cat seem off. Is this lux?

bahahaha I love that the little girl is holding big buck bunny.