The Island (a survivor story)

The Island

-is going to be an singleplayer-survivor game, where the player (you) start of at an unknown island. The one and only objective of the game is to stay alive as long as possible.
The gameplay will contain several realistic-elements, ant surviving won’t be an easy task. The game will have an save feature, however, if you die, your save will be deleted and you are forced to restart.

Elements in the game:

• An random start, giving u random items to start whit
  • Random events, as rain, thunder, forest-fire,mm
  • Day/night cycle
  • dangers animals (monkeys, wolfs, mm)
  • friendly animals (rabis, frogs, mm)
  • an hunger and thirst system
  • an text based inventory system
  • an combine item system (combine 2 items whiteout an workplace, combine 3 whit one)
  • allot of different recepies
  • almost everything on the island can be collected
  • trees can be cut down
  • buildings can be made
  • hunting traps, and weapons can be made
  • fishing is posible
  • the player can get injured/poisoned
  • some poisons are directly deadly
  • some injuries are directly deadly
  • the player need to sleep/drink/eat
  • coking is possible
  • player can get wet and cold
  • sickness is posible
  • allot more

The mechanic:
As it is now, the island is in an early alpha stage, there are still alot of improvements to be made, and still some mechanics to be implemented

what are done:
*Save/Load for inventory items, world states, player states, buildings, and player position
*Dynamic ground - an script that is dynamically spawning and despawning collision objects in-front of the player
*Object Load at start ( an script that is spawning every object at the game start)
*around 100 recipe and 40+ materials
*crafting system
*cocking system
*building system
*collecting system
*inventory
*player movement
*player hunger/thirst system
*player injuries system
*hunt-able rabits
*eatable and poisoned floras
*cutting down tree system
*More…

The game are holding around 8000 trees + countless rocks/flowers/mushrooms/… and are doing stable 60fps

I’m planing on trying to get this crowd-founded on indiegogo , if I’ll success I wold be able to work full time on this and also release it for free when it is done. Ofc I’m not hoping on getting much in founds, but maybe at least something? do you guys think that this is an good idea? or is it bad as fu.k? Plz tell me what u thing of the game, and the crowd-founding idea’! every comment and all feedback is appreciated, good as bad!

screens(as it is an early alpha, allot of textures are still just placeholders):

I was thinking of adding wrectified to indiegogo

first up

LOD - kupoMans Lod modifier = your friend

second - how is your Ai ? (animals need to hunt or be hunted and fill needs)

Third - Shaders :smiley: Grass leaves and all that are probably best done by a shader (but I have never even used one yet!)
from what I can tell, this is one key to increasing frame rate in complex scenes,

This is a great idea my game is going to have some of the same things.But won’t be exactly the same.Because it will be a openworld firstpersonshooter.