Question about Mouse Over and memory

I use logic bricks…

My current project is First Person perspective and I need to have maybe 200 interactive objects that react to mouse clicks. The objects are mostly simple planes with a couple of triangles each. I have heard that having lots of mouse over objects is draining on the memory. Is this likely to be a problem with so many objects?

Also I wonder why the mouse over seems unreliable some times.

I have a simple MouseOver+LeftButton(tap) connected to an Action actuator (or whatever). The object is “static”.
Some objects react perfectly to this setup, while others react only 1/3 mouse clicks and that doesn’t feel good. Any idea what that could be?

My experience has been that the ‘MouseOver’ sensors are more draining on CPU usage than memory usage. I think your game will get slower as you add more sensors instead of taking up more memory.

Ok, kastoria, I have misunderstood CPU usage vs memory, and thanks for clearing that up.
Yes of course I meant that I don’t want my game to get slower as I build it and add more of the sensors.

Is there any other logic (brick) way to continue develop the project for the interactive purpose I mentioned?

Hmm, my game has the cursor in the middle of the screen all the time (like most fps games) and I want to interact with 200+ individual objects in the game with no need to pick them up etc… only clicking on them like pushing buttons…

I can do this with mouseover sensors but I’m just afraid it will slow the game more and more as I add assets

As say BluePrintRandom, is there 2 ways for make things like:

1)Hit a ray from the camera.
2)Use only one mouse over any.

You can use python for manage the return objects from the sensors.

Ok, thanks both! I’ll have to look into the scripting of this :slight_smile:

Just thought that there was a code-free way of doing it

I`m making a simple example with python for you.

Thank you very much carlo, I will try that! :slight_smile: