looking for some mentoring/knowledge/experience...

hey, im 17 and have been fumbling with blender for a few years now…
but i think i need some help pushing myself to the professional level.

so i was hoping i could help out with a project or something where you can teach me how to do it at the same time?
i just really need some portfolio pieces etc, i need some real experience.

anyone out there willing to give me some time?

thanks in advanced :slight_smile:

Check out my project in my signature, we are always looking for artists willing to help and learn through a hands on approach. PM me if you are interested and I can give you more info.

Moved from “Jobs > Volunteer Work” to “Misc: > Off-topic Chat”

The jobs forums are for offering work. If you would like to volunteer to work on a project, look through the ones there that are asking for help and volunteer in the thread.

okay sorry fweeb

No one else interested in helping me out?
i honestly dont mind what project, i just want to learn more to become a better artist :slight_smile:

Anyone and everyone would be interested in helping you help yourself out. What I seriously suggest you do is to visit, say, BlenderCookie and start trying to reproduce the various things that you see being done there - including particularly the subject areas that seem to interest you the most. The feeling that you are “fumbling” is really par for the course when you’re engaged in self-education. It’s been called, “taking a sip from the fire-hose.” :yes: From time to time, projects look for volunteers and contributors – sometimes very simple-seeming ones (such as a call for props with which to decorate the sets in Sintel many of which were subsequently re-used in (e.g.) En Passant. So, you can always​ find something to do, if you want. The more you do this stuff, the better you become.

thanks for the advice but ive followed many tutorials, but i always seem to start one and then the next, and never finish them :frowning:
whereas helping somebody eleses project means im not ALLOWED to do that :slight_smile:

its how ive learnt many things in the past.

did you browse the volunteer section? At least once a day someone posts asking for help…

EDIT: NVM, I see that you have posted yourself all over that forum. Good luck to you

haha, yup, im all over that place atm, im just after doing a few small topics from an experts point of view that’ll open my eyes a little you know?
or anyone tbh, we all have different ways of doing stuff, me for example, am very good with ideas and starting projects. (not so good at finishing them though)

i also try to model organic things like i would nonorganic things, therefore they are either rubbish or robot like haha
to watch someone else work and to help out would be so awesome :slight_smile:

Heh … “Finishing them” is always the problem. :wink: But, really, that’s what you need to do. “Highly-focused concentration for long periods of time, interrupted by renders,” is sort-of the way this thing works. Kind of like “mile 17 in a marathon,” when those passing cars start to look pretty darned good.

Work like this takes patience.

i dont mind committing to it but ive realised i have lots of freestyle experience with starting a project, and lots of copy/paste experience in the middle, then i always dont know what to do so i start another project…

id really like someone to hold my hand through one project just for that “first time support”

okay so ive decided to start making a gumball machine.
ill start a work in progress and link to it :slight_smile: