Challenge #562 (03/20/14) Entries CLOSED

Theme #562 for March 20 2014 is: Sweet

Entry closes at 2100 GMT -5 or 8pm CST, Monday March 24 2014.

Really couldnt think of anything else…

[ATTACH=CONFIG]297416[/ATTACH]

Attachments

Hello everyone!
This is my entry for this week (pure). It’s rendered in Cycles, 900 samples. And some color correction done in the Compositor. I’ve learnt a lot of new things making this…Well, I hope you like it :smiley:

Good luck everyone :smiley:

Wow Kidus, you knocked it out of the park with that one. Beautiful.

pure entry, cycles 2000 sample to kill the fireflies. a little post in the compositor. border added in paint.net.

Attachments

Wow! really nice renders so far…

This theme sounds very simple but i think it’s actually a lot harder than the previous one…

Nothing special. rendered with cycles, 2800 passes(70 min,gpu rendering)

Here my non competing entry: chocococo (i know, not the best name…)

This time i did also a little animation, the image is from this :

Hope you like it :slight_smile:

Thanks, Ryeath. Nice work on the ice cream!

Nice animation, mik1190.

Based on particle fluid animation with later sculpting modification. Cycles 1000 samples. No filters, composition or other weird stuff. Converted to jpg with Gimp.

Pure.
@Kidus, simple but effective ! I like it.

Wow alot of fantastic entries this week >_o

Well i wanted to take the non literal approach. So i tried to make a Portrait of my Girlfriend ^-^
I learned how to make some pretty neat poly hair in the process, and learned how terrified i am of sculpting anything xD
Because i avoided it completely :frowning:

Anyway! Here she is :slight_smile: Pure entry all done in blender. The drawing on the wall is one of hers.

cupcake

@ Kidus thank you!
sweet work everyone ::slight_smile:

“Sunrise snack”

This is my second week of experimenting with luxrender. I had hoped to get some volumetrics working, but for now I am just happy to figure out how to control my light groups. Everything is modeled from a plane, circle, or icosphere (blackberries) in Blender 2.70 stable. ~1800 samples / 7 hours render time.

render with cycles, 1000 samples:

wood floor is from blendswap (http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/67684)

PS: kidus, your chocolate is cool :wink: !

After 6 years I opened Blender again. Pure Blender except for the picture of Candy Dulfer. No cycles as I do not know them yet.

I am impressed by the quality of the entries. Good work!

Sweet music by Candy Dulfer

mik1190, that is a really nice animation. I think the coconut looks a bit like metal shavings, but other than that I could easily envision a major candy company paying big bucks to a major studio for the same product. Very nicely done.

3Dnotguru, I like what you did with the fluid simulation. I’ve been scratching my head trying to figure out how you did it (I have not really played with simulations much). I wanted to use the fluid sim on my caramel sauce but could not get it to do anything so I just modeled the sauce.

blenderallday, nice to see someone took the healthy route with their image.

Great entries by everyone so far.

Rendered in Cycles, post-processing done in Photoshop
Full version: http://flitsart.deviantart.com/art/Cupcake-442561174

Lollipop Kid
( open entry…used makehuman for the baby and eppo made the lollipop )
it was a bit rushed due to various distractions, and the hair and lint fibers are just sketched in because I was having problems with the grooming tools.

dagto, CuRvEmAsTeR, thank you :slight_smile: