info blender vray

hello
I wanted to know if there is still a support forum for vray with blender.

the first web site no longer exists and I know that had to move but do not know where.
on the Official Web Site ChaosGroup there is nothing about Blender. …

thanks

You have to register first:-

http://forums.chaosgroup.com/forumdisplay.php?177-V-Ray-for-Blender

Similarly, to download Blender versions for V-Ray you have to register at chaosgroup.com

I can access to the forum but I can not access at your link,

you know why?

To my knowledge you can only access the forums for the product you hold a license for. If you are a vray license holder and still can’t see the vray-related forum sections, you might want to contact the Chaosgroup website support.

so , if you parchased a license you can access to the dedicated area otherwise you see only the general discussion.

probably the old forum has been moved to this “hidden” section.

thanks for your help

Hello, you don’t have to buy a license to see the forum, just sign up, you can still download the trial version also. Integration with V-ray is better than ever. The soon to be released nodes version that is in beta is fantastic!

I am registered and I see this page …
http://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum.php but there is not an area where they talk about blender vray

the trial version I had tried before upgrading the pc.

you have purchased the product? are you happy?
do you think that version 3 will be released soon and you will have to pay for an upgrade?

You did scroll down, didn’t you ?

Moved from “General Forums > Blender and CG Discussions” to “Support > Other Software”

I had to wait for the confirmation of registration …! Now everything is visible …
thanks to all…

However, I would like to know the thought of Seanser…

I’m testing the new build that does everything with nodes. With it you can basically do nearly everything that you can do in 3dsmax including following tutorials for settings and material setups. I paid for the upgrade to the current standalone version last week, the upgrade cost me about £100. I bought version 1 standalone a few years ago, I can’t remember how much I paid but it was a hell of a lot less than the cost for Maya and Max users. I don’t know how much they will charge to upgrade to version 3, if anything.

V-ray is one of the leading render engines in the Cg industry, that should say something about the quality/features. I also have a license for Thea render and while it’s less well known it also is a fantastic engine at a cheap price. I’ve always used unbiased style render engines so I’m used to the Thea does things, it’s down side is that there are less tutorials etc. I guess it depends ultimately on what you are going to be using it for if it’s worth it or not.

This is my first test from trying out the new Vray/Blender last week.

great!

for animations I use blender internal but sometimes it seems a bit limited so I thought I would make that jump.

for an image I’m happy with cycle and octane but if the project is complex becomes a hell.
Should I buy 2 new graphics card and a new power supply (also the energy consumption would rise a lot)but everything is complicated and in any case I would be happy to use also vray with blender.

so I decided to switch to vray becouse as you say is very popular and there are many tutorials.

only a couple of questions
vray_blender also renders hair and smoke?
on which site you bought it? after they send you the dongle?
vray nodes are inserted in the interface of blender? (this would be a great thing)

tnx

For animation I would go with V-ray. As far as I know only the brute force real-time renderer in Vray currently uses the GPU so no need yet for the extra Graphics card and PSU. Vray/Blender does nice hair, I’m not 100% sure about smoke but you could do that in Blender and composite it in afterwards fairly easily. I bought Vray and the dongle originally off the Evermotion site but they don’t have it listed anymore. Chaosgroup have a page listing the local sellers in your country, I bought my upgrade from a company in England.

The new Vray nodes are inside Blender and would be familiar if you use Cycles and Octane, it’s not officially released yet but it should be shortly. Andrei, the writer of the exporter made this page to show people the nodes layout https://github.com/bdancer/vb30/wiki/Nodes-Layout

I’m dying to try this vb30 out but when I log in on the nightlies.chaosgroup.com to download the build as suggested in the instructions, I get an ‘access denied’ message.

Should I e-mail someone?