Quixel Suite tools for Freelancers now $99.00 USD + PBR!

For those of you not familiar with Quixel it is awesome! Does your texturing and normal map work pretty much for you.
It requires photoshop but it is so worth it!

quixel.se/

It sucks simple because it’s Photoshop only :confused:

But it’s awesome when you own Photoshop

nDo and dDo are two of my favorite tools in my digital toolbox. I can’t begin to calculate how much time they’ve saved me on time-sensitive projects. If this sounds like a sales pitch, that’s because it is. Go buy them. $99 is a crazy deal for what you’re getting.

I swapped over to the Allegorithmic suite of apps. They are non reliant on Photoshop, and the non commercial versions had their license changed to indie license, meaning commercial work is possible.

Substance Indie Pack includes Substance Designer, Painter, and bitmap 2 material + 30 prb substances for $150 (on sale now), normal price goes for $250 I believe. Not a bad deal considering when I bought Substance Designer I paid over $300 for it.

See http://www.allegorithmic.com/products/substance-indie-pack for more info.

Also dDO (the old version) is now free. Should be interesting to see how Quixel manages to stay competetive, though they really should move away from the Photoshop reqirement.

nDo is something else entirely. There is no alternative to it neither from Allegorithmic nor from something else.

Sure there is. I own a ndo2 license as well as the entire substance collection from allegorithmic. The approches might be a bit different, but you have far more control in designer than with ndo2. Quixel has some quirky UI design though, I love it but its also very limited in what the artist is capable of. To top it off, substance painter will have a 2d paint mode and you know there will be tight integration between designer and painter.

How can you paint normal maps with Allegorithmic’s package?

Well in substance designer, the 2d image viewport also doubles as a 2d painting interface. Thus you can paint information tied to a node, and link it up to be a bump, normal, spec, mask… and even all of those at once. Check out this video for a brief look at whats available… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsFe-E-33IQ (if the voice sounds familiar, he has done some cg cookie tutorials).

With substance painter in development, we expect that capability grow even more.

u post a wrong video. if someone don’t understand what is awesome just watch this:

There is something wrong? Yesterday I downloaded dDo and nDo2 for free from Quixel site…