Stillness

The dive helmet I modeled 2009 (3DSMax), and used it now in Blender.
I was a Max user then.

good,fun image…

It’s all CG? Great work that deserves much more posts and attention. I really like the idea behind it and render quality (it’s not Cycles, is it?). Cool work, hjalle!

Great image. Excelent illumination and materials. And I love this surrealist theme!!! :smiley:

For some reason, the size of the rocks seems a bit big in relation to the diver, or the diver too small for those… but maybe it’s just me that I’m used to seascapes with smaller rocks. :confused:

Great work! :wink:

It’s all 3d and Cycles

I agree that this should have more attention. Beautiful light and materials! I’d be curious as to why you are a blender user now?

I luv those rocks!

Beautiful!

… Wow that’s pretty stinking creative! I love the sun shining down on the rocks. Nice chair too, I would love to bring that down to the beach sometime! Haha

Nice, clean scene… Love the rocks!

awesome man, I love it

(@guitartom47)

Well I was legal private user of 3D Studio Max user from release 1 . And I felt that an upgrade once per year was to mush. It was like force every year, and moneywise. I have worked with both Maya and Max.

I was skeptic against Blender, many user, I thought, had an ideological view, like Mac or Linux user. And that ideology gave them a forgiveness of work flow and lack of editing tools in the program. And when I started to test Blender, Blender had not good polygon editing tools.

And when Maya and 3d Studio max user comment the Blender render, I didn’t trust them either. Most people are parrots, they repeat what other people say and really don’t know. And I must say I didn’t like the Blender render.
Now with Cycles I have a choice, and the Blender render feels like a render with another expression.

Sculpt, video editing and comp, good bones rig was a big surprise. And Sculpt built in the program, lovely.
So I saw it as compliment to 3D Studio Max. I could model on every machine at home and export to Max.

Then came support for N-sided polygons, the cut (knife) tool became useful. Then came news about Cycles. And I felt that Blender had everything I wanted.
I hated the workflow with Zbrush and normal map in Max. And in Blender I could render the real sculpted mesh, and if I wanted generate a normal map in blender wasn’t hard either.

So now I love Blender. I feel that I have more freedom of choice in Blender.

Blender gave me also the freedom to leave Windows for Ubuntu Studio. I’m free.

great work, much more interesting than most posts around here.

Amazing hjalle… I’m a complete Blender fanboy (blender is all I’ve ever known because of the cost of others), but I see the weaknesses. It’s just nice to know that Blender is still a really strong platform! :slight_smile:

I love it !! The theme, the texturing of the rocks… go on with Blender !!