BGMC 12 || Robo shooting 2121

Hey there! This is pretty much my first time posting on the finished games section haha :slight_smile:
I finally managed to get a playable version of my BGMC project. The game is pretty simple: Shoot the targets and survive.

The challenge was about making a game based on one of the olympic sports. However i think i went a little bit far from the main concept of the sport i choose (Shooting) :confused:.

Anyway, here’s the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hsnast09lsdbgx1/RoboShooting2121_bgmc12.rar
NOTE: The main menu is a little bit glitched. Download this blend and replace it for the one in the game folder: https://www.dropbox.com/s/n8hc10e0p8ott7d/main_menu.blend?m=

Some screenshots!:

Controls are:

W, A, S, D: Basic movement.
Spacebar: Jump
Spacebar x3: Triple jump
Mouse Left Button: Shoot
Mouse Right Button: Zoom

Gameplay:

The concept is to survive as long as possible and shoot as many targets as you can. There are two NPCs: The turret and the Saws. The turret shoots homming missiles, which can be shot to avoid damage. Shooting one missile close to another will trigger a chain reaction, so be advised ;). The turret spawns at 45 hits, and can’t be destroyed.

The saws have pretty big blades, and are spawned once the game starts. The recommended strategy is to jump as much as possible, since if you get on the ground, they’ll most likely rip you apart. These can’t be destroyed either.

After you die, you will see a screen showing your stats on the match. Post screenshots of how much time, hits and score you got! And whoever manages to get 5 stars on everything will be considered a big pro :slight_smile:

After you dowload the game, decompress it somewhere and run the robo_main.exe file. You can also run the game from the blends. I reccomend using Blender 2.70 RC and running the game from the intro_scene.blend file.

Good luck to everyone on the challenge! :slight_smile:

NOTE: It seems i derped a little on the main_menu.blend file. You can still play the game but the menu is a little bit screwed up. I’ll upload a fix later on.

Its a really nice game,the controls are nice and smooth.
I must say that the game is really hard and challenging especially with those deadly blades bouncing around the floor.
The music and effects also are really nice and blend very well in the games level.
I like the fact that you have used your time to make a nice loading screen,video intro and an easy menu.

I really enjoyed playing the game ,good luck.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]296027[/ATTACH]

Haha thanks! Totally i got about 36 hours of work into this game. The intro was made a lot of time ago, when i still had my Virtual Survival project. Music is from my current real project, and the sounds are from there too :slight_smile:

I got so much time because i’m 15, so i only have to go to school and after that i get a lot of time to work.

Nice score, my personal best was 43 hits, 3:50 time and 645 score. Good luck to anyone going for all the stars ! :slight_smile:

Just wanted to post this screenie :slight_smile: Try to beat this score haha:

So on Sunday we will get the results of the challenge!
I decided to do some small graphical improvements just for fun :wink: