Unknown dream Characters WIP

Current Progress

i removed the previous images as it made it a bit harder to update images

This will First serious project that I actually have a hope of completing. I plan on doing a short film, but the details are no completely worked out.The title is still temporary as the story is based off of a strange dream, (which most story’s are. :p) The very basics are it’s supposed to be a children’s story, altho I honestly think the story may be too deep for children. since i know of all the characters that’s gonna be my first step before I start making anything else. Hence the title :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok enough of my rambling. Here’s the main female character. here apperance is around 11 to 14 not comletely sure yet. and keep in mind i just started this char today and I’m fairly slow :p.

Any comments or Critiques are more than welcome and greatly appreciated :stuck_out_tongue:

Interesting.

I am not sure if intent but I would make the girl - above - something of a ghost. Might be the coloring, or lack thereof, but there’s something that reminds me of the ghosts that frequent kids movies

Really? well i suppose I’m succeeding if you you at least don’t see her as completely humanX D she’s actually supposed to be a alien princess disguising as a human.now that I look at it with slightly fresh eyes, she does look ghostly :stuck_out_tongue: It’s probably the fact that I haven’t colored her at all. i wanted to get the geometry down first. but i’ll probably add some basic materials when i start on the clothes.

Just a quick small update. I added rough cloths and gave a basic color to show her palette.

And this is just so I can show my progress as I’m going to be replacing the on in the first post.

I thought I was going to sleep but yea… i forgot :stuck_out_tongue: so yea last update of the night…morning… daylight. crap.

Here’s today update. I think I’m finished with her design. (except maybe the shoes… I hate shoes…)

Ok, i finally finished the main male character. I think there’s something wrong with his hair but it’s too late/early for me to recognize it. I really hate doing hair on the back of the head. Especially short hair.

Now it’s time for bed. >.>

I polished the girl’s face.(Which i named Akiko) i think it looks much better now but i still think there’s something wrong with the mouth from the side view. I always have problems with the side view.

I plan on adding shape keys for animating the face next.

It’s been a while since I’ve had a real chance to work on this( and thus update) but i think i’ll be able to update fairly regulary. any back to the update.
I refined her hair a bit and decided to change from a softcell kinda shading to a full hardcel shading style. i think i like this better altho i’m still havin issues with the style. and her face seems to have a issue to me altho i can’t tell what it is. (it might just be the fact that i need sleep atm.)

Nice work. Good luck with your project.

Looking good :slight_smile:

Interesting eye setup. Characters look cool. Dunno but notice something about the boy’s hair.

How u do that efect for render??

Are they gonna kill ?

@James_Z & OnyxIdol: Thanks for the compliment ^-^

Yea i actually had to change the eyes.(still experimenting :p) and the boys hair is definitely gonna be changed after i finish fleshing out Akiko. (the girl) at the very least I’ll end up splitting strands toward the bottom like i did for Akiko.

If you mean the shading, then what i use is a node setup (Blender Internal) with the diffuse and AO going into a color ramp to get a toonshader. umm i got it from… Ahh! here https://sites.google.com/site/tomo0web/home/blender-lab/s02 There’s a blend file at the bottom that you can download and it has the setup. I have the face completely unshadowed by having a point lamp on it that only affects the face.

Well, not directly. Akiko ends up blowing up a village. but you don’t actually see the people die, it’s just implied. (i hope that’s what you were asking about XD)

Ok and now of the late update. This is a small one as all i really did is add some tweaked freestyle lines and a attempt at a highlight that i fiddled with by looking at https://plus.google.com/100237877755583924700 and how he sets up highlights.
(Ignore the freestyle line across her neck, as i have her head separated from the rest of the body so i can add expression shapekeys and such.)

Sadly this is the only view i have atm until i can make the highlight work on all views.

Why do you have to separate her head for the shape keys? Or is that only temporary? Anyway, looks really good. Any chance of showing wireframes? The modeling I do for my WIP series is more of the realistic anime style, but I’d love to study your models in case I ever want to do something more simple and goofy.

It’s only Temporary. I’m planin on duplicating the face for each expression and then makin shape keys from that. (Every time i try to make shapekeys on a single mesh i end up messin them up somehow.) yea i can post the wireframes. (It’ll be a bit, I’m in the process of reworking the topology.) but I posted the random anime girl WIP i did before at blendswap if you wanna check it out. http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/73570 It’s basically the same model. The only change in the head is the ear and the nose.

It’s been a long time since i updated this, but i’m gonna try to update more often as i’m able to work on it alot more now. ( and since i’m avoiding too many distractions :p) (Also after reading my previous posts i relize i’ve said this before so we’ll see ^^’)

I’ve decided to redo the characters as they didn’t have enough personality to me, not to mention i didn’t like the way the heads looked, so i started with the boy. I also decided to chance the shading style to more of a cel shaded watercolor style. This first one isn’t rendered just textured as i haven’t quite got the shaders sorted yet.

I like front view quite abit but if anything looks off or wrong please let me know ^^

pretty much the same thing with the side view.

I’ve got the facial shape keys down so hopefully i’m be able to post a expression sheet in a bit, but i got ditracted making a complicated facial rig, thing, when something simple will work. ^^’

Anyway, as always and critics are greatly appreciated.