BGMC 12 | Greek Archery

This is my entry for the BGMC 12 - Olympic theme, I choose Archery as my event. My game takes place in ancient greece where you play as my rendition of Artemis - God of the hunt, showing off her bow skills. Enjoy!

Download

ScreenShot

I like all of the graphics but it took a while for me to figure out how to shoot, and the only bug (I think) I saw was two arrows hit the same place and the second one slid down a little.
Overall a nice game
Fredstash

Thanks, I spent most of my time working on that.

Yeah, looking back on it the shooting mechanic is fairly sloppy, If i had more time I would have worked on it, but unfortunately I dont have any more time to work on it because of work :P.

Yeah, I’ve seen the bug, its weird, tried fixing it but couldnt find a solution. I tried making the arrows ghosts so the arrows would interfere with each other, but it was glitchy when it hit objects and the physics suspended.

Thanks for the feedback! Saddly I only really had a solid 10~ hours of free time, but I’m just happy I got to participate in one of these, and glad I got done by my personal deadline, would work on it more but wont have access to my computer for a bit :stuck_out_tongue: Thanks again!

I like it, I know that your done with it, but if you want you can integrate my bow example, in the resources section.

It moves a item that could be used for a bow Ik target, and the longer you can charge a shot…

Nice work,
the resource bow is free for anyone to use, if you feel like it.

I checked out your resource and it was very nice, Originally I had intended on using but I wanted to see what I could achieve on my own :stuck_out_tongue: However If I ever make a game with bows, your resource will definitely be the first I go to!

Nice contribution, i like it too. But i don’t succeed in vertical move…
Hey, the loading is a fake fonction !! :wink:

I have these console errors:

found bundled python: /DATA/DEV/3D/Blender 3D/Projets.externes/BGMC12/…/…/Blender/2.70/python
Warning, sensor “clip_amount” has lost a link to a controller (link 1 of 1) from object “Text”
possible causes are partially appended objects or an error reading the file,logic may be incorrect
Warning, sensor “can_relaod” has lost a link to a controller (link 1 of 1) from object “Text”
possible causes are partially appended objects or an error reading the file,logic may be incorrect
Warning, sensor “Property” has lost a link to a controller (link 1 of 1) from object “Text”
Warning, sensor “clip_amount” has lost a link to a controller (link 1 of 1) from object “ArrowCounter”
Warning, sensor “can_relaod” has lost a link to a controller (link 1 of 1) from object “ArrowCounter”
Warning, sensor “Property” has lost a link to a controller (link 1 of 1) from object “ArrowCounter”
Python module can’t be imported - object ‘Text’, controller ‘Python’:
ImportError: No module named ‘properties’

I run a 2.70 RC under linux

Thanks, and that is because there is no translations, just a rotation controlled by the mouse

haha, caught me :wink: Dynamic loading screens can be very difficult, so I just set up a delay of 10 ticks, to set scene :wink:

The Error you are getting is from my text thingys, When I use the blender text, it becomes blurry at close ranges to the camera, so I used a plane with a text map, However, couldnt get mine working, so I appended one from an example blend on the forums. Must have forgotten to delete the propertys attached to the plane. my bad. as for the no module named properties, initially I planned on using agoose’s properties through scenes script, to have the score be displayed on the end game screen, but couldnt get it working, must have left a controller with the module still in it. Thanks for the feedback!

nice work dude. It looks pretty awesome. I love the graphics and textures you did there in that man’s hands. And also his clothes especially the brown one, looks relevant with the gameplay.