Challenge #561 (03/14/14) Entries CLOSED

Theme #561 for March 14 2014 is: Conciliate

Entry closes at 2100 GMT -5 or 8pm CST, Monday March 17 2014.

NOTICE: please see here for details. Thank you.

Personally I’d like to try a week long contest because there are a lot of great artists that produce great works in a weekend. I’d love to see what they could do with extra time.

I’m all for the week long contest, and once again, maybe adding it like theeth did, with the 3 organic 3 inorganic and choosing one from each. I had fun with those.

Now to google what conciliate means lol

I’d be up up for the week long challenge. Probably get quite a few entries, especially with a good theme.

I know what concilliate means, I just have no idea what to do with it. Should be a very interesting challenge.

Yeah same issue here…now that I know what it means.

I’d also prefer a week long contest, but including the weekends on either side of the mid-week since many folks are busy with work. If it’s a regular thing, the weekends would just overlap.

Anywho, conciliate has so many great possibilities, hope I can find some time this weekend!

Alright, taking in all the input here’s the proposal.

The winner of the challenge that will end on 03/27/2014 will choose 2 organic, 2 inorganic and 1 verb. I will hit a randomizing website and get 1 organic, 1 inorganic and 1 verb (as wildcards). This will make for 3 organic, 3 inorganic and 2 verbs. The entrants will choose 1 of each (1 organic, 1 inorganic and a verb) to work into their theme (of course they can combine more if they like).

This contest will open by 03/28/2014 (8PM CST) at the latest. Entries will be open until 04/07/2014 8PM CST.

Good?

One more idea, but need feedback on this. The winner from 03/27/2014 can be eligible to compete but only by using the wildcards. That way nobody has to be idle for the week. Thoughts?

Im good with that, sounds different and i think we will get a chance to see some insanely good quality entries.

That sounds great - should be very interesting.

And yeah, winner competing with the wildcards sounds good too.

I don’t understand how it works but it seems cool

Ok to me!
About this week subject: is ok (at example) something like a medicine that “conciliate” sleep or a dusk/twilight scene(in that moment of the day sun is “conciliating” with stars/moon…) ? Or are too far from the theme?

i wouldn’t think so. it still captures the element of conciliation

“After countless generations of animosity it s hoped that the new “Small Critter Free Trade Agreement (SCriFTA)” will conciliate the two parties.”

Pure entry, BI with “Edge” processing, border added in paint.net.

Not much but all I could come up with tis week.

Attachments

So that’s the meaning of conciliation… thank you Ryeath, i couldn’t understand with all the translation in the world.
Nice entry.

Non-competing entry
I had some bigger plans for this, but in the end it was a bit too ambitious. I wanted to fill it with all the typical pipes and metallic doodads you find in the industrial parts of the Portal games, but that’d take at least another day of modeling. So instead I shoved a crazy light ray in there to try and hide the emptiness :slight_smile:

I’d like to try and finish this one later though, it was fun.

@Gregzaal, would you marry me ?

@Gregzaal you sir have my vote.
I only hope all the other voters will understand your reference!

charcoal earth

The Art Of Persuasion

I decided to go for the 2nd Merriam-Webster definition: to make compatible.
Was hoping to get a little more motion blur on the hammer, but I don’t quite get the setup yet. My online presence here is a little slim apparently. I should try to beef it up a bit. I’ve learned so much from this forum, thanks!

Pure Blender, rendered in Cycles.