Not only my camera is moving

As new to blender, I’ve come some way with the help of these forums and videotutorials. But this one I can’t find any explanation to anywere. When I try to animate my camera through a golf hole. The camera is moving alright via keyframes - (“i” -> “LocRot”). But when I click Play button, all of my other meshes is rotating. They have no animation symbol in Outliner, and only the camera is active when I insert keyframe. See attached images of view when everything is rotating.

I’ve tried “Remove animation” and “Clear animation” plus I’ve deleted all keyframes. And from NLA Editor cleared everything before I start over animating the camera. I’ve also “Update animation Data”. But the global rotation keep coming back!! Is it the World coords that is rotating? I don’t know where to look anymore.

BTW. It’s in Blender 2.69

Welcome to BA
Can you post a blend file?
Is there any constraints or modifiers applied to the rough or fairway?

Hi Kazinger
Thank you for your welcome :slight_smile:

I’ve zipped the blend file with the golf hole and the 3 blend files linked to for the trees. I can’t attach it though, even If I try 7zip which is only 2.4MB! So You can download it from here: www.ourgolfscorecard.com/assets/golf_hole_plus_trees.zip

I didn’t know what contraints was, so I’ll go ahead try one of those soon. But in the attached files, you can se the “effect”. Strangely enough it only happens when I click Play button, or go to a frame amongst the first 7. If I click in the timeline later then 7, everything looks alright…

Btw. “Rough”-mesh has a subdivision modifier and two particle systems.

No I was thinking the constraint may be the problem. If there is none then it is OK.
I believe it maybe only your computer not keeping up with the FPS. I am not good with that. There are things you can do to make it go faster. Put the subsurf view to 1 or zero. and in the particle system change the display to something other then rendered.
Your link says "Problem loading page.
But i think it is just too much mesh for your computer to display.

Sorry but that’s not it. I thought so my self the first time i saw it. I’ve tried turning off subdivs in 3dview and set particles (trees) to only display 50% in 3dview. But still no change. As I mentioned when I click in timeline, and if I hold Down mousebutton from eg. 20 to 100 the animation looks alright in 3dview - also speedwise…
My blend-file has problems loading yes, for me it only Work every second time I open project. I thought it was because I have to use an unofficial version because I just bought myself a GTX 750 ti Card, which isn’t supported yet in official builds :frowning: - The animation problem occured before I bought this card, when I still used an official build. So this isn’t the cause either.

I’ve tried attaching a png which is frame 2 when I render the animation from start. But this file I can’t attach either. But problem is also when rendering animation - not only in 3d view.

It’s the rigid body system you have set up. Select the fairway, in the physics properties, remove the rigid body set up, then play the animation and the fairway will behave itself. I have zero knowledge with the recently added rigid body system, so I don’t know what you are trying to do, or how to correct the problem. I just found the problem for you, I can’t offer any further help than that…

Randy

Edit: Well, there is one more thing I can help you with, you can’t attach images to your posts because your post count is too low. It’s an anti-spam measure and once you post count is above a certain magic number (~10ish) you will be able to attach images to your posts. A quick way to up your post count is to provide thought comments on art work on the site…

WOW - that was it. Thank you so much revolt_randy :slight_smile:
I have no clue my self how that ended up there. The Whole ground mesh started with one mesh spilt into several. So this riged body constraint must have been enabled while it was still one mesh since it was on so many meshes. Perhaps a short cut key?.. Anyway doesn’t matter. Now I can continue working the animation.

I really appreciate your time helping me with this. Both of you :slight_smile: