I Will The Game (Teaser + Screenshots + Trailers)

Woken up in an isolation cell completely stripped from his gear, Brian has lost memory of everything that happened the past 24 hours. He has no idea how he got there, but he is sure about one thing … I WILL ESCAPE!

Because this game is a lot of work I decided to cut it into three chapters. I have been working on this game for about 2,5 years, using the open source tool Blender. I am not doing this alone. A small team of about 6 people is helping me to build this game. The game has a play time of more than three hours and can be played on Mac, Linux and PC. I Will Escape is a third person action adventure indie game. You have the choice to play the game with either a game controller or your keyboard + mouse.

The main mechanics are walking, jumping, hanging, kicking, grabbing items using inventory and building traps. It is not an easy game with hints like shiny stuff or particles around interactive objects. You have to find stuff yourself.

From now till the release date we will be releasing different screenshots and trailers, so stay tuned!

Here is a TEASER!

For more information, comment below or send us a private message!

Follow us on Twitter and LIKE us on Facebook!

Last week we had a playtest and our game was reviewed by a Dutch journalist of www.gamerbase.nl
Check out the article!

http://gamersbase.nl/nieuws/914/op-bezoek-bij-blue-label-studio

New Screenshots!!!

You need to be inventive to get out!

You have to keep out of sight because of the guards, or else…

Leave a comment below and let us know
what you think about our screenshots!!! :smiley:

There is something suspicious here...

Brian finally gets out of the sewers

Brian in the sewers

Wow this looks really good!!!
The Pictures look like there’s been a lot of work into the game!
How long is the story going to be?
Are you going to use shadows?

Amazing work!

First screenshot seems to me like game “Another World”

Wow this looks really good!!!
The Pictures look like there’s been a lot of work into the game!
How long is the story going to be?
Are you going to use shadows?

The story will be three different story’s this is chapter one and if successful two more will follow. Part one is about escaping from the prison.
Unfortunately we can’t us shadows because it has has a big effect on the frame rate.

@Lokky,
Thanks for the feedback

You can now also find us on steam. This only as a concept.
Soon we might need your votes for Steam Greenlight!

Brian Lowfield:
You are experiencing the story of Brian Lowfield, a convicted marine locked up in prison. When he wakes up, he finds a photo of a young girl (Charlot Lowfield). He can’t remember her name or who she is, yet she looks familiar. From that moment on the game starts and you have to find your way out. Here is some concept art of the main character.

Nano-Reader:
To get a sense of the world around you, you can collect items and notes containing information of the world you are in. Step by step you, as a gamer, have to find out more about what happened to you and the conflict the world is facing. You can read the collected information in your Nano-Reader. It’s a watch that you can take off and unfold to a tablet kind of thing. Here’s a concept-art that shows what it looks like.

As one of the developers at Blue label Studio.
I have experienced the growth of the company in to a more professional studio.

When I started here the learning curve of the work flow was quite steep.
We used notepad++ to build the code, but I was trying to find a better system, I found a nice plugin for visual studio, Python Tools, https://pytools.codeplex.com which comes with a free version and one for paid versions of visual studio.
I chose to use visual studio because of the availability of team foundation service (http://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/products/tfs-overview-vs.aspx) which gave us quite a flexible workflow.

After this I searched for bge .py files, instead found an apigenerator, BGE_apiGen.zip (118 KB) here on the forums.
I used this to add the auto completion of the bge module for visual studio, this also helped to improve the learning curve for the programmers a lot.

Now we are here 7 months of hard work and improvements, the game is getting closer to completion.

looks awesome, keep it up

This looks great guys! Hope you guys gets this out by August and that you get green lighted on steam!

This is really cool!

Just one suggestion…

For those trying to get people to ownload their game, they need screenshots.

For those trying to get people to buy their game, they should have gameplay videos.

I think people just need more incentive to play your game, especially if they’re going to use their hard earned money. I’m no marketing expert, but I usually don’t buy game unless I’ve seen it in action, either through a let’s play, review or gameplay video.

thank you!

@Linkxgl,
Thanks for the advice, we’re already working on the gameplay trailer, it doesn’t show the final gameplay and quality of the game but it gives an impression of what we’re working on. We will post this as soon as possible to get your feedback.

Next week we are planning on going to the Greenlight on Steam.

Cheers,
Happylifes

We have the first trailer ready now. This is the link:

We are curious about your opinion before we share it with the rest of the world.

We have planned to go to the Greenlight this Friday.

Thanks,
Happylifes

We received some feedback on our trailer and are going to process this into a new trailer. Furthermore I read the thread about the game Elpis where nweissberg writes about using python to create shadows with only two lights per level. This made me think about how we could do this as well.

After a small test I fixed it and now we can use shadows for the characters! Unfortunately we can’t use it for all the assets in the level, but it’s better than nothing. Now we just place a cube with properties as you can see on the image, the lamp also uses the orientation of the lightSource to give a more realistic shadow cast.

Looks nice :smiley:

This is Nice +++

@BluePrintRandom and @CryptochildXR Thnx!

Blue Label Studio