Bullet crashes flower vase (slow motion simulation)

Hello everyone,

here I have created a small simulation. In this case a bullet hits a flower vase. The whole animation is created with Blender and thereby I used the game engine, the fluid simulation and the rigid body and the cell fracture addon.

Have fun while watching and if you like it you are welcome to give me some feedback.

Best regards
Oktansinnt

Soundtrack is nice, scene is nice, SFX is nice, but only thing that bugs me is the fluid simulation - there’s still water hovering in air long after all the bits of vase have landed, as well as some splatter way at the end of the video.

Also, maybe some DoF but it’s not necessary. Just might look cool.

thanks,
well the fluid simulation isn´t completely synchronous with the bits of vase. The water is also too viscous, but I believe that it isn´t so important.
regards Oktansinnt

The water has a brown tint to it. I would imagine it is because of the reflection from the brown background. I am not sure if blue water would add more realism. I agree with some of the other comments about the way the water hovers and then explodes well after the bullet and vase make contact.

Otherwise I think it is wonderful work.

Many thanks!
well, the reflection of the water isn´t really perfect, but i think blue water is unrrealistic because water is transparent and has actually no color. For example, the blue in the sea comes from either the ocean bottom or from the sky reflection.
regards Oktansinnt

Yup, blue water would completely destroy this scene… But I agree that the fluid is in the air for too long and it also splashes too far imho. But cell fracture and rigid body simulation looks very good :slight_smile:

The rigid body simulation is great! For the water, try increasing the end time in the water bake settings; That should make the water more in sync with the rigid body simulation. What is the IOR of the water? It looks slightly high; Is it set to 1.33? I would recommend some camera movement possibly, to see the initial hit closer up and then zoom out to see the whole aftermath.

thank you both,

to Wolfgange: Firstly, excuse me that I haven´t replied for so long! Well, the end time is probably the solution, <thanks!> but to render the whole for a second time takes too long for me. But for future a good solution!
The IOR is set to 1.33 but I’ve mixed up the glass shader with a glossy shader because it looks better than using only the glass shader.
The camera proposal is good but I´ve decided against this because I think that otherwise the slow motion would suffers from it.

But nevertheless many thanks for the feedback!

Best regards!

Oktansinnt