Remove alpha from image in compositor?

I have an image that I am doing various compositor effects on. This image has areas of alpha, making it partially transparent. For certain of the operations I am doing, I would like to be able to remove the alpha, but I need it for others. So, it needs to be done with nodes as part of the node tree, not removed from the image entirely.

How can I use nodes to remove the alpha transparency from the image?

Won’t that method mean that the color I put the image on top of will show through?

If you just want to set the entire alpha channel to 1 without affecting the RGB channels, add a set alpha node and don’t connect anything to the “alpha” input.

Yes, indeed … that’s why RGB and Alpha are two separate channels. You can do anything-you-want with each of them. Use any set of nodes you want, and plug 'em up to one another as you please. You are “building a digital production-line,” so to speak, and you’re free to arrange the order of operations as well as the inputs thereof to produce exactly the effect that you want, whatever that may be. You get to decide what “shows through” and what doesn’t.