Doc Brown from Back To The Future

Hey guys,

I will be making Doc Brown from Back To The Future. Not sure If I can use this for the Blender Guru Character Contest since I sculpt in Zbrush but oh well. I started with dynamesh to rough in proportions. Next I am retopologizing in blender before I continue the sculpt. Here is a quick render of the rough sculpt in blender. My plan is to maybe do a bust from the chest up. I am referencing the attached image.  

LATEST: Basic Texture w/ Low Poly

I think Zbrush is ok for sculpting…but you only have a week left!!

Good Luck :smiley:

“It must be created with blender” that’s one of the rules, if you really want to enter the competition then you would probably have to restart the project in blender and continue.

Ya that’s fine then ill just do this for fun. I retopologized and reprojected my initial sculpt so I can continue where I left off.

Update after about 1.5 hrs back in Zbrush. Only at subdiv 4. Once I nail him down, I will make some props and his clothing in Blender. Then a Low Poly for rendering in Blender.

Did some quick work on his front view.

Those are some pretty good sculpting skills. :slight_smile:
Good job.

very good portrait already.

Wow! Good start, man!

Thank you guys!

Very cool. A rock solid start!

Woah! Great sculpting skills you got there.

Thanks. Didn’t have much time to work on this today. I did make a basemesh for his shirt in Blender that I then started rough sculpting in Zbrush. Once I have the underlying base for the shirt, I will use snapping to the surface in Blender to make his jacket. I will also make all those little accessories hes got in his jacket pocket and maybe the remote control for the DeLorean.

Looks good to me. Can’t wait to see him with his hair! :wink:

Added Rough hair as a placeholder for poly planes that I will add later on. I think I’ll be going for an Uncharted look, like that character Drake I’ve seen a lot.

Working in blender on his clothing and pocket.

About ready for highres sculpting. I still have to make his zipper in Blender which I will do after I rough sculpt his jacket. Here is a polyframe. Kinda freaky looking.

Bit more work on his face. Sculpting in details such as skin pores and wrinkles. I am using layers for this. I’m looking forward to seeing this Bake onto the Low Res.

Added his stop watch, zipper and small pen.

nice sculpt!!!