Challenge #560 (03/07/14) Entries CLOSED

Theme #560 for March 07 2014 is: Music

Entry closes at 2100 GMT -5 or 8pm CST, Monday March 10 2014.

Bet this sounded great live

Well i haven’t used blender for several months nor been here either for several months…but i got a inspiration to start using Blender and doing the weekend challenges again!
So this image is based off one done by hitokirivader
Made entirely in Blender
Enjoy
iDarth

Why must Dubstep have such a… difficult… art style? xD

hmmm…

Pure, i seem to struggle with inspiration today.

Hahaha You’re doing so far better than me dagto xD
I’ve been looking for inspiration for hours and the thing i came up with… Really not sure how well it’s going.

Yours looks like it belongs framed on a wall though xD

My non-competing entry:

Music Box

RobertT

The Drummer

This is my first model made from scratch, rendered with my shiny new GTX 780. I usually tweak the vibrance and levels in Photoshop for 5 or so minutes as a quick post, but this is a pure raw render. I just saved it as a jpeg and left the layer alone. I was going to spend Sunday trying to get it more real, but I need to finish up my BG project. Cycles, 3000 samples.

“Steinway & Sons”

Dear god, RoberT, just wow.

No no no no, what a beautiful works, amazing RoberT!!

Here is the mine:

A greeting!!

That is a beautiful render RobertT. I don’t know if a weekend challenge entry has ever made top row, but that one should be up there. I am speechless.

I like MrKrabju’s idea, and dagto’s and Mr. Blender’s are both awesome.

blenderallday, that is some nice modeling. I would love to see that with a little fine tuning (pun intended) on the wood. I understand about other projects requiring attention. I almost sat out this week to work on my Puplock Holmes sculpt.

Here is my less than adequate, non competing entry. Blender cycles and a small amount of post in paint.net.

Attachments

wow robert…
anyway my dubstep entry:

just some bands i happen to like. first i thought of recreating the winside reapers album cover, but i didnt have the time :frowning:
anyway leaving for 2 weeks so i cant improve it :frowning:
.blend is here: http://www.pasteall.org/blend/27393

Well, i can continue to adjust the face but the result will not be much more different, still need some tons of practice, right now looks much more older than the reference image i’m using…

Pure entry, “Beethoven” , or at least it’s supposed to be him :smiley:

The First Recordings. Music in its purest form… after live music that is XD

Pure Entry

Here is my entry. Not as great as i imagined it in my head, but it’s okay i guess.
I’ve added a little blur afterwards in photoshop, but it’s mostely pure.

Rendered in cycles

My entry above is pure.

Well i’m gonna throw myself under the bus here and go ahead and say this is as far as i’m gonna get.
There’s lots of controversy on Dubstep, but i’m on the pro side of it but i completely understand people not liking it.

I spent the first day and a half trying to find an idea, not havin much time to try and make the half formed idea, and now i’m just terribly sick and don’t think i’ll get to work much more on it till it’s too late.

Anyway when i try to think of an image for dubstep the first thing that comes to my mind is the Dubstep guns video.
Although i’m not into gun games as much as i am MMO’s. And in MMO’s my favorite Job class is the 2h AOE Knight. So my options were an axe, hammer, or 2 h sword.

Somehow this image formed in my head of a great axe built out of 2 speakers, and a long Bass chord attached to the handle that emits powerful bursts out of the speakers when vibrated. So the wielder can either strum the string to attack the things around him or bash the hammer (which if you’ve ever dropped a guitar, the strings are very good at vibrating on their own)
What i was thinking of doing next was to add a trigger like mechanism on the handle that when pulled it will strum the string aswell, so the knight could strum it as he swings it. then make a background and a person to hold it but… I’d rather go sleep off this terrible cold if no one minds T^T

Anyway, didn’t get too far. just a neat little concept i’ll go ahead an enter with just for the laughs.

Pure entry d:

Here’s my rather abstract way of thinking about music :stuck_out_tongue:
Heavy Metal and Hard Rock