Blender Game Making Challenge 12 :: March 10th

Hey, all! This is Joystik Studios, the winner of the last BGMC, and I will be organizing this one. The challenge will be held on the 10th of March, 2014. The theme will be announced the day before the challenge.

For those of you who are new to this challenge, the BGMC is the Blender Game Making Challenge, a week long challenge where Blender users make a game based off the theme. The winners are chosen by a judging panel and prizes are distributed to the winners.

The judges consist of, so far, 3 people. Myself, Thatimster, and a SixGunBen, who is not on Blenderartists or anything as of yet. Now, I’ve got my own reasons why I chose these judges. First, we have Thatimster, who is pretty self-explanatory. I mean, come on, it’s Thatimster! I’m pretty self-explanatory, too. SixGunBen is a Blender user but is not an avid game developer, however, he is an extreme gamer. This will give him some extra insight into how good gameplay and graphics are and such. Sinan, another game developer, was contacted and has not responded, but if he responds by the end of the week, he will also be a judge. kbot, a large name on the off-topic chat section of Blenderartists was also contacted, and is in the same situation as Sinan. kbot was selected because he is a Blender user but has little to no experience in the game engine (sorry, kbot). This will giver him an unbiased view of the games.

The prizes will probably never be as good as wallmasterr’s, but I do have a surprise game for first place that will be mailed to them after the challenge is over. First prize will also receive the rights to the next challenge, and will also get his/her game featured in the Hall of Fame page that will be put up following the challenge. For second and third place winners, sorry, no physical prizes, just a Hall of Fame spot and a chance to try again next time.

Once again, the 10th of March, so get ready for the Blender Game Making Challenge 12!

3 days to go and no replies here! Have I missed something? The turnout’s usually quite good for these but it seems to have slipped under the radar.

That said I unfortunately can’t participate in this one, next week is a little too busy.

Sounds cool, but difficult to respond without knowing the theme.

One of the most difficult things about 7 day challenges is coming up with an idea and planning how to do it.
Planning shouldn’t be included in the one week of making, and I think you can trust people not to actually make any stuff before the contest starts. Besides, people are going to use things they have laying around like snippets of code, or rigs or old textures or whatever.
You can’t be too strict about these things.

IMHO giving the theme in advance may result in better planned games and more people joining in.

I think idea finding is part of the project. It takes time and it is an important decision.
One might find the idea in two minutes. Another gets it after sleeping ;).

Nevertheless I think it is a personal decision how to distribute the available time over the complete project. There is never enough time anyway ;).

Last time didn’t announce the theme until a day before the challenge, and that is what I will do.

OK, well please not My Little Pony.

LOL! Don’t worry, it’s a reasonable theme that does not include MLP. Also the website is www.bgmc.tk, I forgot to include that in the first post. Sorry!

Yay! I might actually have time to participate in this one, excited to hear what the theme is going to be!

I will try to participate, but I don’t know yet if I will have time to make something that can be called “a game”. :slight_smile:

I will try to participate, too. Good luck in advance to everyone !

Good luck to every one. I completely forget my manners. :slight_smile:

I am planning on joining if I have time, good luck everybody

Such challenge
Very competition
Wow.

A real shame this wasn’t planned for a week ago, seeing as how it was march break for most people.
Good luck to all who plan on entering!

I will participate as long as I don’t hate the topic.

I’ll try and participate but I may be a bit too busy, hopefully the theme is good :smiley:

i am going to participate like last time…was ranked 19…this time i’ll try to get to top 5 :slight_smile: good luck to everyone

Is the theme up yet?

Nice, I’ve got a great Idea. ^^