Adelaide (SA) Blender User Group

Greetings all!

It’s been far too long, but I have a date and a venue:

Thursday April 3rd, 6-8pm
AC Arts Building (Light Square) Room 2.17

Since our last meeting many moons ago I’ve personally been working with:

• Augmented Reality (Vuforia Camera Tracking on mobile with Unity)
  • Virtual Reality (Oculus Rift)
  • 3d printing (Online services, rep-raps, jewellery, the Fab Lab)
  • Commercial work for TV
  • Games

While I work with a range of software, Blender is still at the core of all of that.

So for the meeting I’m quite happy to chat through any and all of the above, but obviously I’d love to hear from all of you and what people have been using Blender for in Adelaide lately. If you have a topic you would like to speak on then please let me know via this thread or PM.

Also, a general RSVP in this thread would be appreciated as the room fits about 15-20 people.

The Fab Lab http://fablabadelaide.org.auwill also be open at this time, so feel free to pop in and have a look before coming in to the meeting. I was thinking about having the meeting at the Lab itself, but it gets quite busy.

Hope to see you there!

(Note: I should be able to bring along the Oculus Rift prototype for people to have a look at as well.)

Count me in :slight_smile:
This is just up the road from me.

I havent tested out the Oculus yet, cant wait to get my hands on it

Definitely coming! :slight_smile: Sounds awesome!
Should I bring my laptop?

I’m already there :slight_smile:

Cool - I’ll try to make it!

Awesome, glad to see there are more replies. Seems my subscription to this thread didn’t work.

Feel free to bring you laptops and anything you would like to share. Laptops won’t be specifically required though.

Count me in!!! dont think ill have anything to show off.

hey Ben, have you posted this on DLF? i havent seen anything about it on there.

do you want me to email Kit about it?

Hi Levon,

It’s a bit hard to judge. I didn’t post on there (DLF) last time and we still filled the room we were in. This next venue is also fairly small. I have sent it on to Blendernation though, so hopefully that will come on line soon. Having too many people in the one room would be a great problem to have, but a problem all the same.

Half the reason we haven’t had a meeting in so long was me over thinking the logistics instead of just booking a date and time. :slight_smile:

Anyway, if I get more organised (or someone does) and the group grows and starts to meet more regularly then we should definitely post on the DLF, etc.

Just a quick bump confirming that we are still a go for tomorrow. Hope to see you there!

Can’t make it - My son has a high school media arts project and he needs me to teach him how to plane-track footage in Blender.

Is there a Facebook group or mailing list I can be added to?

hey Ben, how did this meeting go? i got a flu and slept for a few days.

Hi Levon, hope you’re feeling better! Meeting was on the smaller side, but I think everyone there met some new faces and we caught up on what everyone else was doing. Good fun. Pity the Blendernation post didn’t go up at all. I think I gave them a bit more lead time for the last one.

@Ammusionist - There is a Meetup.com page at http://www.meetup.com/Blender/Adelaide-AU/686322/ which gives automatic updates if you want.

Didn’t make, hope there will be another one soon