Render manager?

Hello everyone,
hello fellow devs,

would it be possible to integrate a render manager (like the Media Encoder from Adobe) - a list where you can load in you render-ready scenes and process them one after another?
Or is there already a feature like this and I didn’t find it?

We’re currently rendering a huge project with several cycles scenes and it’s quite annoying to set the alarm to 4 o’clock in the morning to start the next scene :slight_smile:

Have a nice weekend!
payne

You can run blender from the command line, and render your animations with a simple command. If you save a bunch of these commands in a script, you can run the script and all your scenes will get rendered, one after another.

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.6/Manual/Render/Command_Line

:eek: that looks heavy

There’s quite a few render managers out there with Blender support. Deadline, Smedge, etc. Most aren’t overly expensive or are free for a few machines. Not only will they queue renders, but they can handle jobs from many programs in one queue, arrange by priority, handle job dependencies, recover failed jobs, distribute across render farms, etc.

I Made this little program to batch render in Blender sometime ago, may you find it useful:

Thanks a lot for your quick responses! I’ll try the different solutions!

Moved from “General Forums > Blender and CG Discussions” to “Support > Lighting and Rendering”