Mitsuba 0.5.0 has been released

Wenzel Jakob announced on February 26th the release of version 0.5.0 of his physically based renderer Mitsuba. This new version includes many cool new features and enhancements. More information are available on the author’s blog page of his Website: http://www.mitsuba-renderer.org

Pre-compiled binaries for many different operating systems are available on the download page. The updated documentation file (249 pages) with coverage of all new features is here (~36 MB), and a lower resolution version is also available here (~6MB).

Thank you Wenzel!

Good life and enjoy it!

Cool, I will try this release out. However in the blog Wenzel says that the Blender integration has been improved vastly and yet the plugin repository hasn’t been updated for 9 months. Is this correct or do we find the Blender plugin elsewhere?

I think that we shall wait for an update of the Blender plugin by the authors, hopefully not taking too long. So, all I can really say is to be patient and keep an eye at the Mercurial repository: https://www.mitsuba-renderer.org/repos/exporters/mitsuba-blender/

If you find an updated exporter elsewhere, please let us know here.

Cheers

Hi guys. I have bad new and good new. Bad is that I lost interest, some time ago, in developing plugin (my python programming skills weren’t enough to develop in further), but the good new is that fjuhec picked it up and he agreed to develop it further. And since he is better programmer this will be better for mitsuba plugin quality. I hope he will have time to make it work great. From my tests mitsuba is easiest and fastest CPU renderer out there. Speed and ease of use were the two main factors in developing Mistuba by Wenzel Jakob, so I hope mitusba will be good fit for people who think cycles is to hard to use and setup.

Thank you very much burnin for the link to the Mitsuba addon thread.

It’s my fault, I apologize for not being up to the task of developing the plugin as it deserves I have had many issues that stopped me from working on it but I am still involved and trying to resume development of the addon with this new version of Mitsuba.

is there any portable version for Linux Ubuntu 64? I have ubuntu 14.10 and I prefer portable one.