Croco Warrior

Hi all,
I started a new character model. Most of the sculpting/modelling work done. Next steps would be retopo, unwrapping, texturing and then rigging.

What do you say?

Greetings Andreas

That looks pretty awesome dude! :slight_smile:

Its looking very awsome.
My only comment is about the sword. Some of the ropes around the handle are not going around but through the handle

@AlinB

@The.Jack
yep, the ropes will be tweaked!

Lovely character! Knowing your previous characters I am sure the texturing will look great!..looking forward seeing it come together!

thanks Shakedown.

So here is a quick update. I made a little bit more Detail work and changed the legpositioning a little bit.
Here are a few Renders:

Attachments

Those subtle details added a lot!..Also the subtle depth of field helps sell him. Awesome work!

@Shakedown,
I also accentuated this small details with a vertex dirtpaint. This is similar to a cavity like shader. This gives some nice weathered effects. Subtle but effective :wink:

Yes…cavity shaders are great that way. I’m using the dirty vertex colors on my pirate character but also sparingly. In the past I found blender normal maps to yield excellent cavity maps in xnormal! But using vertex colors are quicker except that you have to apply modifiers to bake it!

Ok, here is an update. Retopo is done! The model has now about 5000 Faces. The Details are baked down into a normalmap which displays all the details.
I also included a rig already. It still needs some refinement, but for basic posing it works already.
Here are the 2 screens: