Errors when exporting game

I have seen many post of this but when i try to export my game an get errors. I know there is a problem with the code but can someone tell me where this code is found in blender (in simple terms) as i cant find it and i have not built the game in python?

What version a you using actually?. There’s a patch to help this.

2.69 and I know its stupid but I don’t where to find the code in blender?

Depends on your operating system. Windows is usually “C:\Program Files (x86)\Blender Foundation\Blender” or “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender”

ok thanks what sort of program am I best opening the file in?

You are going just edit a simple line, so just use the default notepad of windows.

thanks but it still doesn’t work. I had to resave it as something else and I saved in a different place due administrators. These are the errors.

ok thanks what sort of program am I best opening the file in?

Yes , as our friends commented, you have to go to you blender folder, then there is a foulder called 2.69/addons/game_engine_save_as_runtime.py …This is the file that you can open with notepad “game_engine_save_as_runtime.py”, and delete manually the line that says…

blend_path+='.blend

and save again…that’s all.

Doesn’t let me save again ‘access denied’

Doesn’t let me save again ‘access denied’

You can get a patched version that works ok. Take a look here

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ft…0969_V11.1a.7z

Instead of just saving the file, save it to the Desktop. From there, copy the file and overwrite the original. Should work. Also make sure that you close Blender while editing it.

still wont work is there something I doing wrong?
I go file- export - save as game engine runtime- I create a directory so I put in it there - save

I don’t rename the file should I?

still wont work is there something I doing wrong?
I go file- export - save as game engine runtime- I create a directory so I put in it there - save

I don’t rename the file should I?

Have you already delete line 115 of the file “game_engine_save_as_runtime.py”, and saved again ?. If you can not , download the patched version.

I opened the file edited it and then saved it to my desktop. Is that right?

I opened the file edited it and then saved it to my desktop. Is that right?

Well it was ok to edit it, but now you need to put the file game_engine_save_as_runtime.py into Blender/2.69/scripts/addons/, and when asked if overwrite, just say yes, that’s all.

Edited. when you open the file game_engine_save_as_runtime.py with notepad, if you save it as
game_engine_save_as_runtime.py.txt, then just rename the file to:

game_engine_save_as_runtime.py …then save it back to the original place.

Ok I think it has now worked but do I have to copy the whole directory folder onto my memory stick to put it onto another computer?

Ok I think it has now worked but do I have to copy the whole directory folder onto my memory stick to put it onto another computer?

You have to put it in the PC you are going to use. You can copy just the .py file to the other PC, but if you copy the whole folder with the correted file, it works too.

ok thanks for all the help

This really helped alot!! Thank you for this help. My game is now a full game!!