An architectual rendering

A fun little project i did. Hope you like it!
Kind regards

I like this, it is refreshing to see something different in the “architectural rendering” category! I like the subject matter you’ve chosen here. Is the scene completely 3D, or have you made use of 2d elements as well?

The colors and exposure looks great. Nicely done!

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?

I love it! Did you paint all those textures yourself?

Great! Nice composition. Now I wanna see some characters :wink:

Now I wanna see some characters
2nd that.

good cartoon style, interested in materials setting.

Thanks, everyone!
@James: The jellyfish and the volumetric lighting were added in PS. I also made a model for the jellyfish but later decided to use the 2D-version because it fit better :slight_smile:
@ItalianJoy: Yes indeed :slight_smile: Here are the textures for the pineapple, if you’re intrested

@bat3a: The materials are as basic as you can get. Just a diffuse-shader with an image texture (also used as displacement-map)

Awesome ! Can’t believe it’s 3d at first sight. Great work !

love it! Great work!

• Lucas

The materials are as basic as you can get. Just a diffuse-shader with an image texture
looking good, very good style.

Who doesn`t? XP

Nice artwork. What made me stop by at this image is the colors. Great combinations or orange, blue and green. Nice composition too, with the plants in the foreground.
Cool piece overall, congrats. :slight_smile:

I agree, great colours and overall mood. Textures “painted” seems very nice too. Congrats !

I really like this piece, texturing and overall look are great!

sorry to hijack this but does anyone know how to find cartoonic textures as good as this, or should i make my own? if the later, would the the thread owner explain his tech. in doing this, thank you.

This is absolutely AMAZING! i love the colors and the modelling is very well done! im interested in the Node set upfor the work, especially the pinaple part! did you use a bump map?

again! great work! XD

Thanks again, for your kind words!

I used a displacement map.
The displacement map is a blurred version of the texture map itself (to avoid sharp edges).

I blocked the texture in via texture-paint, and refined it in PS. Usually I’d share the brush, but I cant remember it :frowning:
Just pick saturated colors if you want to achieve a comic look.

Kind regards,
Phil

To the Gallery with thee! All​ kinds of art can be rendered using Blender, and this is, I think, an excellent example of this style.

I love this! It really captures the feel of the show! A lot of 2D art converted to 3D can lose the magic, but this really works well!

I really like the textures and lighting.A very cute and innocent effort…!! Liked…!!

Very nice!