[Solved] Luxblend and motion blur

I have been trying to create motion blur on luxrender. I have Blender 2.69, and i have tried both luxrender 1.2.1 and 1.3.1 with luxblend25. Regardless of what I try, there is no motion blur. What is mre curious is luxrender1.2.1 export did not have any Motion block in LXO file, and but 1.3.1 export has the motion block (motion begin/end) in it, yet no blur in the final render.

I have two key frames between frame 24 and 28 (also tried 0-4). My object translates between 24 and 28. On camera properties, I have enabled camera blur. f/stop:2.80 iso:320, Exposure Timing: Absolute, Open:0.0000, Close: 2.0000, Motion Subdivision: 2, distribution uniform. Both Camera and object motion blur are selected. On Luxrend GUI, I have tried manual shutter of 1 and 2 seconds. Renderer is sampler, surface integrator is path and volume integrator is multi.

In the log file, I see following message

Motion transform used on non-motion element. Using transform at T=0

What am I missing here to force a motion blur?

Thanks in advance

What type of object is this?

And did you make sure to install the 1.3.1 LuxBlend addon? And are you sure you opened the file in Lux 1.3.1? 1.2 didn’t support motion blur for some objects (like meshlights).

Do you have a screenshot, or better, a .blend file?

Thanks Ninja.

Yyes, I have reinstalled 1.3.1 luxBlend after I installed LuxRender 1.3.1. Render:LuxRender in User Preferences/Addons show Version 1.3.1 for LuxRender. In the actual luxblend addon directory, init.py contains below lines (not sure if blender version is important, I’m using 2.69)

"version": (1, 3, 1),
"blender": (2, 67, 1)

I have created a sample blend file that fails to generate the blur. The forum did not let me upload the blend fire here so I have uploaded it to google drive.

Thanks

The problem in that file is that you specified too large of a blur for Lux to handle normally. I can’t recall exactly why this happens, but if you reduce the shutter time it will work.

Thanks a lot, reducing the shutter time solved the problem. I appreciate your help. As a side note, your answers in luxrender.net forum are also great help :slight_smile: