Challenge #558 (02/21/14) Entries CLOSED

Theme #558 for February 21 2014 is: Reflection

Entry closes at 2100 GMT -5 or 8pm CST, Monday February 24 2014.

Pure entry, only thing i use to do this is the background stars that you can find here: http://www.allwlpr.com/2013/12/wallpapers-star-wars-galaxy-map-wds-pictures-and-star-wars-galaxy/galaxy-star-wallpaper-74/
If i had time i would make the background myself but i guess i’ll just stick with that.

I’m back and I’m gonna enter this week if it kills me… or my old computer considering its ability to render and the contest subject.

Not really creative :stuck_out_tongue: but it has reflections

Updated version with more samples:

An island in solitude reflecting itself. I have a night version too on blendswap. You can download my blend from blendswap if your interested here http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/71286

nice weather… no time
[ATTACH=CONFIG]291002[/ATTACH]

Pure entry, “The Reflective Dagger”
http://s9.postimg.org/m5f8xj5nz/Reflection.png

Is this a dagger I see before me?

sorry, couldn’t resist!

After seeing the entries so far, not sure why I am even posting mine. Nice renders so far. I especially like the two lake renders and Piet’s take on narcissism.

I figured there would be water and mirror reflections aplenty, all better than I could do, so I chose an image idea hopefully humorous and unique to this weeks challenge. Still learning stuff each week. This is the first time I’ve tried using multiple materials on a single mesh.

Here is my entry. Blender Internal with Freestyle. No post pro. Interesting note: freestyle lines do not show up in reflections.

edit: it’s a bit hard to read, but the plate on the VW says “BUG LUV” thus the love and hate title.

Attachments

Lighthouse

Here’s my entry (pure). It took about 2 hours to render (CPU). It’s a really simple scene…I did about 4 different versions and finally just decided to post this. I also learnt something about branched path tracing…
anyway, here it is :smiley:

Ice:

Here is my pure entry for this week :slight_smile: Some ice flakes that sadly didn’t turned out that reflektiv as I was hoping.
Hope you still like them :smiley:

Muddy:

Pure entry (Gimp used to delete a little seam), “playing” with cycles volumes; that should be a foot going into the water (my intention was to do also an animation, but not enough time), if someone don’t understand :smiley:

@mik1190 Welp sir, you got my vote. Beautiful work there !

Frog.
Cycles, 180 samples.

Great entry mik1190.

Nothing fancy here – thought I would post it for the practice mostly.

Fragmented reflections:

a life in panic

Here is my entry. I named it “Human Reflection”.
I used MakeHuman so I think its non-competiting.
Hope you like it. :slight_smile:

dagto, blenderallday: thank you!
Drawingisdead: Nice colors/textures, but i don’t understand the subject, what’s about?
SomeSilverWings: i think can be considered open:

An image created for these contests will fall into one of two classes: Pure and Open. A Pure image is made mostly using Blender, and mostly using new models. If an image isn’t Pure, then it’s Open.

Reflection Abstract

Pure Entry
Rendered with Cycle