Worker Robot

Here’s a robot done in Blender with a few small modifications to the picture with Gimp. The render-time poly count is about one million. I may make small changes in the future but for the most part it is done.
The main idea of this picture is supposed to be a large worker robot that works in a smelting plant.

I hope you liked it, thanks for looking!

Nice work !!! I really don’t know how does it stand on his little foot but awesome result :slight_smile:

very nice!

Very nice!!! I want to see the wireframe!!

Looks very cool! The pose bothers me a little but apart from that I like it!

Wireframe for you:

Thanks everyone for your comments!

5 star work, yg3D! I’m astonished this doesn’t have more comments! The design of the robot is incredible, and the execution of the modeling, materials, lighting and environment is all wonderful. The texturing is also very good as well. If i had any critiques, it would be that the worn edges are very uniform over the entire machine. But this is very good work! I love the glowing lights, too!

Were you inspired by anything in particular when you decided to create this, or is it entirely your own design? I often have trouble trying to visualize how machines should look.

Thank you! I actually had a few tries before going with this design, the other attempts probably aren’t even worth showing. For the shape of the robot I mostly took a bunch of spheres and stuff and squished them around to make the general shape of the robot, then I used retopology tools to make the metal plates, then filled in the rest with mechanical bits. I kinda did this from piece to piece, the midsection was done first. So basically I did a guide shape then worked off that for each body part.
I don’t think I really visualized the entire machine before it was done, I just went with a shape I liked and modeled the rest from there.

Sweet robot! The modeling is good and the texturing is impressive, and it is integrated into the scene nicely. The texturing is a bit weird because all of the scratches are around the edges with none in the centers of the plates.

very cool - has kind of a retro look to him. kinda reminds me of Lost In Space from the 60s. i’m shocked you got the poly count that low - i would have figured a lot higher. great job!

awesome…details are amazing…

Level of detail in the render is amazing and modeling and materials are neigh perfect.

My only crit is conceptual: his lower part (legs and especially feet) should be much sturdier (it goes with the philosophy of industrial machines :wink:

Anyway, great job!

Jaw droopingly good. Bravo.

Looks great! The only critique I have is that the rust looks too uniform.

just love it!!!