Blendermann's Sketchbook

Decided i was gonna start making a lot of these low poly renders so i figured i should make a sketchbook so i didn’t start filling the finished projects forum up. Hope y’all enjoy these there real fun and real addicting and i love doing them.

this is really cool, im really into low-poly styles. Also could you tell me how you made the clouds

The clouds are just icospheres with displacement mods on them and then duplicated at different sizes.

Cool! I really like the “leaves” in your top trees. :slight_smile: I’ve caught the low-poly bug myself recently, it really is fun :smiley:

these low poly renders somehow always look good. I really like that style. Very simple

But some things bother me which would be the water which looks strange. especially the waterfall from the first one.
And the tree looks too square. Maybe another edge in the middle to give it some roundness.

[QUOTE=’[hris;2581907’]these low poly renders somehow always look good. I really like that style. Very simple

But some things bother me which would be the water which looks strange. especially the waterfall from the first one.
And the tree looks too square. Maybe another edge in the middle to give it some roundness.[/QUOTE]

Alright ill try that on my next renders. That was the first ever low poly I’ve done so I’m still learning the style of making it look good. Thank you guys! :slight_smile:

New render coming within the hour! :smiley:

Ok so i have decided to take these low poly renders to the next level so im going to do one a day and each day were going to a different place on an unknown adventure so stay tuned in for a long story!

Today were taking a walk through the Red forest!

If anyone would like to see the clay renders of these ( no materials) then let me know and ill post them! Fangols Monastary is coming within the next couple hours or so, so stay checked in to see it! :smiley:

Alright guys after some traveling we have reached Fangol’s Monastary! Not much is known about its origins but it sure is pretty :D. We will be headed to the ocean next stay tuned!

Attachments

Hi,

nice job there:) Thanks for message.
If I could investigate your work than I would suggest two things:

1. In your first render you used mostly dimmed colors and in the following I see saturation 200%. I would suggest going down on those bastards. This will make the picture more of a paper-style like. (BTW - this is also true in terms of photoreal renders, rule of thumb - never go with 100% saturation of shaders. - Blender Guru theory)
  2. I don’t know is the sudden change in level of detail on the last renders helping the image. I would try to keep to the rule that the “main character” of the image is polished and the rest makes the mood and not that the grass is subpixel accurate and the rest low poly.

I understand and congratulate you on experimenting with the mixture of low poly and hig level of detail. There is nothing like “LOW POLY style, stick to it”. I just think that … you should search for new mixtures.

I allowed myself to composite your monument a bit. Check it out. I think that you can make much with post.

Hey Ethelder. Thanks for the feedback. Think in the last one i was trying to put to much detail into it and kinda trying to mix real and low poly a little to much. Thanks for the composite i like that a lot better than the final image i had! I will continue to try different things and see how they turn out. Im taking to the beach in the next render so we will see how that turns out. If you would like to help on it pm me! :smiley:

Beautiful artwork. So simple and yet, so full of life!

Thanks everyone! I’ll have so more renders up soon and a possible tutorial on how I made the red forest!:slight_smile:

Yes more please.

very nice, inspiring material.

Alright everyone. Here is another render! Now, this render is a special render cause i am dedicating this render to each and every artist on here and to all of those who have viewed my work and given me advice. And to BlenderNation for posting The Red Forest on there site! I am naming this render, ( Dare To Imagine ) and i want everyone who sees it to remember that your imagination is your only limit and to keep pushing yourself to be better! :slight_smile: Hope everyone enjoys it.

THX for sharing Blendermann! Very nice piece of work! A tutorial would be amazing! :smiley:

THX Blendermann! Like the artwork style, really! A tutorial would be amazing!

For the monastry, I personnaly prefer your saturated-color version which suit very well the low-poly style! (agree with the too much details)

Well said, and congrats on the BN feature! I love the colors in the last one :slight_smile: Speaking of BN, I am the latest header over there myself! Woohoo! :smiley: