Emmet Lego Movie - Everything is Awesome Image for BG CC

Hey, guys. I decided to flex and (ruin) my blender skills (or whats left of them, if I even had any) doing the Blender Guru Character Contest. Already some great entries, Nita’s is the best (aside from innapropriateness) so far (I think) but I still encourage everybody. Who knows? Maybe a famous artist won’t win. Well, heres my WIP image for Emmet, remember Everything is Awesome, including Legos, blender, and these new artists.

Like?No Like? Crit? No crit?

I worked out the head, but my keys are broken from me slamming my head into them. P. S. Actually my little brother found out where the screwdriver was and decided that the keys were fun to pry off.:ba:

I did some fixing up in Gimp for the texture. It needed to be smaller. Also I’ve been working on the bump mapping for the head. So far, a fail.
I remodeled the torso, getting some better topology. Any crits?

Through some more keyboard banging, I finally got this result, with the help of RioForce (LukeActionFilms). Bump mapping, glossy textures, oh yeah. Tell me how it looks

Not too bad at all! I’d say that the lighting needs to be brighter in the shadows to make the character look more playful, but that gloss looks realistic. Keep it up!

OK! I just finished the torso, and its rendering. I still have to add the bump mapping.

I have to fix the orientation of the torso texture, and add the bump mapping still.

The hats color is a bit off, and the orientation and scale, also. But I think I got the hair. Also, the bump mapping will be the very last thing.

Are you using a photo reference for the hat and hair? Movie Emmet’s hair only shows at the sides and back, and the helmet is more or less a hemisphere. I think yours is maybe sitting a little high on his head too.

Yeah, I could tell. That’s what I’m working on.

Looks good so far. The only problem is that lego men don’t usually have hair underneath their hats

Emmet does! LOL. He’s from the new Lego Movie. Note: STill Working!

The textures are great! did you make them? I made a little Lego guy for the comp way back when it was first announced. But I think you are going to beat me by far :slight_smile:

Haven’t seen that

The textures are downloaded images. I think the final render is coming! Just PostProcessing left.

11 hours into it and not even halfway done. !!!

Yes!Yes!ESY! ist here! srry if iam speliing rong.
YESSEY!