Dynamic UV layout possible?

Hey all!

I want making something like slightly moving tentacles on the skin of a character.
I separated those parts of the mesh on which I want putting this effect. There is a picture showing which parts I am speaking of:

http://i.imgur.com/QFGr193.png

I want those things to have one tentacle each, moving down-and-upwards, moving right and back, plus also scaling differently on different parts - all this slowly to make it look like some sort of parasite.

My friend told me that it is mostly done in other games by making the UV coordinates move…

So, is it possible in blender? Or do I have to rather make a movie and just simply make that the texture?

yes it is … look for UV-Scroll for an example.

I still don’t see if that is possible to make the vertexes of the UV map move differently each. :frowning:

Why not use an animated texture? This tutorial’s older, but same general idea.

You can have two UV-Maps. Each of them describes a independent UV-mapping.

You can use one set to set-up the base texture and the other one to set-up the overlay texture. Make sure you can see both at the same time (e.g. via masking, or texture mixing).

It concluded that I used a movie (made with blender ofc. :slight_smile: ). Thank you guys for the great help anyways. :slight_smile: