I, predator

Hello all, here is some picures from a game I’ve been developing called I,predator. at this point I’m been trying to get a main character built, but have been also been working on a dynamic weapon script which is, for the most part, complete. The concept story so far is about a charecter (not named yet) who was found in an abandoned lab that doesn’t know who he is. A couple weeks after he was found these creatures called predators start attacking everywhere and it’s up to this mysterious solder to figure out how to stop them.

this is a picture of the main character(so far).

And this is a picture of one of the predators.

here is one of the vehicles.

i like the style of the predators, but i think the proportions of the Human Character are a bit off. The Tank-Robot (Mech?!) looks alright, maybe a bit more detail or shape on the cockpit area (in my opinion it’s too sharp edges there compared to the rest of it).
So far so good. i am looking forward for your updates on this project :smiley:

I agree with cerfribar. I think the predator looks great and the mech is on the right direction with maybe more cockpit detail. The human almost seems cartoonish in comparison as is. Maybe the textures will help to bring it in line with the other elements and maybe just making his boots a little smaller. Keep us all posted!

Thanks for the advice, I fixed the proportions for the most part and am adding more detail in. This was actually my first attempt to create a good looking human and I had no tutorials on it or reference photos. I guess that’s why the proportions were off. As for the mech that was an older model I’m going to work on improving.

Here is the character with the corrected proportions(mostly). I’ve yet to paint it and finish adding detail.

And here is a video showing my dynamic weapon script, I haven’t worked on detail. This is just a test ground to see if the script works it’s not the game and the AI isn’t complete yet either.

in a nutshell, here’s what the script does. Instead of using visibility/in-visibility or replace mesh actuators, it adds the weapons into the scene and depending on which properties it has, makes it a shotgun, sniper, dual weapon, launcher weapon (i.e RPG, GL or plasma cannon) , melee weapons, or just machine gun, and it takes care of the reload, zoom, pick up and drop off and more. All I need to do to make a weapon be used for the character is create the animations for the weapon, add certain properties to it and it’s prop (the weapon you pick up and drop) and create a dictionary key and list defenition full of values the script needs. It might sound like alot to do but it really isn’t.

The video looks pretty good, nice work. Some gun swaying would be nice. Good luck with the game.

Thanks, the sway will be handled the character’s motion script, which is still to be added.

nice game and especially the dead of the predators
maybe the sky a little slower if you want to make it more realistic

Just modled this last night… the MF-112 automatic grenade launcher. Still got a little touching up to do on it though.

Here’s a small update on my project. Still no textures asides of normal maps. My weapon script needed to be fixed up and I added two weapons to it so far. The character had to be rebuilt a couple of times but it works good now. I also added a ragdoll (drop dead) effect to the character as well.

Hi Jacob,

Your game looks really neat! Well done :smiley: I like the predator

In particular I am impressed by your weapon handling system - it looks like it works really well! Would you mind in particular sharing the script? If not that’s alright…

Thanks for you feedback :). After a while I may make a script more “friendly” for people to use however they like but the script I’m building Is a little un-organized and is currently being fixed up as the older one was more of a test prototype. I may also make a tutorial on how to build a weapon script later on.

Okay :smiley: that would be awesome!

The only issue I have with what I’m seeing is the whole “Predator” concept. Because like, you know, the whole “it already exists” thing. That and your predator looks kinda similar to the pre-existing ones.

But as far as mechanics go, I really like what I’m seeing! That mine-launcher thing, the guns that actually make bulletholes, and the weapon pickup/dual-wield stuff is really cool!

Looking slick,

The only issue I have with what I’m seeing is the whole “Predator” concept. Because like, you know, the whole “it already exists” thing. That and your predator looks kinda similar to the pre-existing ones.

But as far as mechanics go, I really like what I’m seeing! That mine-launcher thing, the guns that actually make bulletholes, and the weapon pickup/dual-wield stuff is really cool!

Thanks for your feedback. There will be different kinds of predators out there… this one was just a regular and they won’t all look simalar either. I wasn’t trying to copy anything either, I just had a crazy idea one day and this is the result of it :).
There are five classes of predators I intend to Create:
1. hacks
2. regulars
3. seekers
4. phantoms
5. tightens

Here’s my work on a hack so far:

It’s not very detaild becuse it’s a smaller creature

here’s an update, I’v got a walk animation in the characters script now… I also have improved the ragdoll die effect. I still haven’t worked on textures and don’t plan to until the weapon script is finalized which it’s getting close to.

need rat!!!

Suprise suprise… you didn’t think this project was dead did ya. Actually It’s very alive still. I dont have an update video because you guys might think nothing much has changed but here’s a list of things I have been doing:

currently doing:
- improving the weapon script massivley (much closer to finalized)
- beginning to add a weapon custom system
- starting to test out textures (finally)
- testing a save load system (just experimenting with ideas)
- adding more weapons observe:

These are just high polys of the weapons i have so far

Well done I like it:D