ficks MMORPG-s (Version 1.1 released)

Hi

this is the game website:
http://www.nicholasnel.com/ficks/ficks.html

check the screenshots or you tube first if you don’t just want to download!

-please note, if you don’t play it, I’m not really interested in hearing your POV as I have had many crits based on them while developing the game.

Cheers!

ATTENTION: This game contains many celebrity, trademarked and patented items, it DOES NOT contain any copyrighted material…

this update was made after 19 comments, I just want you to know, after spending over a year making this game, it really saddens me that I am treated this way, these comments are not coming from players, except PhilB, just people wanting some gruelling and sadistic entertainment for their sad lives and you should all be ashamed of yourselfs…

I am disgusted that people would dare post a reply in the finished games section without playing it or that if there was a legal dispute it could be done in private, as making a public affair of it is deformation.

please see this link for all those who made it past the fart factory:

Be careful of copy right infringements. I can see some little yellow lawsuits all over the place!

I made them myself! thanks!

By distributing a trademarked character; “Minions”. You are technically breaking copyright law. I meant no disrespect by my comment, all I was trying to do was make you aware of the fact that minions are a trademarked product. There was no need for the disrespectful messages and the unnecessary report.

I looked at some of your posts on your project “daachat” and have realized I’m beating a dead horse. You’re known on these forums for not being able to take criticism of any kind. So I guess just good luck, I hope you are able to expand on your ability of social interaction on the internet. It will come in handy if you continue to work on multi-player projects.

you obviously think you have some inside information on me, I don’t even know you and that is creepy, you never gave any critique, you falsely accused me of copy theft!!!, and trademarks and copyright are two completely separate laws, I made the 3D models so its my copyright! end of story, thanks for fucking up years of hard work, you really have made a big statement for yourself, I hope one day you will make a better game so that you don’t have to be so jealous, remember, it makes you nasty and ugly!

All I did was read some of your other posts on a public forum. Not exactly the definiton of creepy.

I never intended to give you any critique, my goal was to inform you of your copyright infringment. Im not saying you stole, I’m saying your distributing trademarked content.

Not quite how it works, you may have made the models but its not the “end of story” The minion characters are a trademarked franchise from universal pictures, distributing them, even as your own fan art, is technically illegal without permissions.

There’s no need for harsh language, I didnt mess up years of hard work, you did by using a trademarked character, and by not researching the laws behind its distribution.

Thank you, I also hope that one day I can find the time to finish a game project, but not because I’m jealous, because trust me I’m not, and thats not what this forum is about. I work on projects because I find its a good outlet to express myself. I suggest you take a long look at yourself, your games, and why you work on them. If youre going to conitnue in this field, you need to become more familiar with the way copyright laws work. I also suggest you learn how to take criticism. This is the last time I will be commenting on this post because honestly your ignorance is starting to annoy me, and I dont think you deserve any more feed back from me or anyone else on these forums.

listen to me VERY CAREFULLY

First of all, if you thought there was a legal problem you should have come to me in private or reported it to the officials so that they could do this discretely without DEFORMATION of my character WHICH IS A CRIME in South Africa!

Seriously, I don’t want to have to talk to you again! You want me to pay a price for a crime I have NOT committed! you are not Judge Dredd and this is not kindergarten law school either

Bye!

just to confirm, I trade as “Nicholas Nel” and for the game its “ficks”, I used many trademarked things ranging from Ferraris to AK47s, I don’t trade with them though and try not to include any hi definition logos or things like that. it is all hand made though and they might thank me for free advertising, I don’t know how things work in your country but its pretty common here in South Africa amongst artists as well as throughout BA forums, you will find many items from BMWs to the famous minions, LEGO and much more!

Have fun

And remember you can play ficks for free any time.

version 1.1 is now out, it’s very stable!

Yeah, you should be really careful with copyrights dude. The risk is just huge. Right now, you may not consider this as a big problem, but after the lawyer sends you the invitation to the court. It’s going to be your most horrible day ever in your life.

As this guy don’t care , let him learn the hard way ^^

Eyeball, you may want to take into consideration about what the other members are talking about. There’s this thing called international copyright law. In your country, it follows the Berne Convention. That means that any work that has been copyrighted somewhere else is automatically protected under that rule. Now, you can create something similar to the Minions and you don’t have to deal with the potential legal repercussions. There’s an 80 percent chance that you may not be slapped with a cease and desist order once someone from DreamWorks find out.

But with a 20 percent possibility, do you really want to take that chance? Take a lesson from the ill fated team that tried to make the Chrono Trigger remake. They were only making it for the fans, but SquareEnix dropped the cease and desist order and they had to stop because they were using copyrighted work.

I have already addressed the issue, I did NOT use ANY copyrighted MATERIAL to make this game.

If I did not care I would not have spent years making the game, secondly, no one is going to put me in jail!

As once stated, the Minions are copyrights of DreamWorks Productions. So you are using copyrighted material. They are completely identical to the ones from the Despicable Me movie Franchise.

Guy’s ive tried to make him aware of his copyright infringements but it ended with a moderator deleting the comments. EyeBall is unable to take criticism of any kind. So its best to just let him break whatever laws he wants and let him be.

I see. Well, it’s not much of originality if he’s using copyrighted work. That’s what makes things different from using copyrighted works compared to your own work. But that’s the thing. You may never know exactly who is looking around the web for stuff like this.

Exactly, Its not unlikely that someone like an animator working for dreamworks could stumble upon this and let a legal team know. It may not seem like a big deal, but the wrong person finds this game, and eyeball could face legitimate consequences.

I believe you are basing this on the fact that you made the characters by hand, yourself, rather than copying the model from somewhere. Unfortunately, in the case of a recognizable trademarked character, this is NOT a defense. If you think you are safe because you did not download a minion mesh from somewhere, think again. You are very vulnerable.

No one wants to see a fellow BlenderArtist taken down by lawyers…

(Of course you won’t go to jail. Copyright infringement is not that sort of crime. You’ll get hit with civil penalties: fines, forfeitures. Worst case you’ll end up bankrupt with future earnings garnished for a long, long time. If you have saved anything up for retirement, it could be taken. Especially if they can show they lost money because of your infringement – this is NOT to say they have to prove you made money. Just that they didn’t make as much as they could have. Please, don’t be your own lawyer in this matter. Talk to a real one.)