body completely deforming fter I add the armiture as parent

Hi there, This keeps happening, I keep trying different ways around it but I cant seem to fix this, the body completely deforms when I add the armature even after weight painting.

I have attached the screen shot as the .blend file wont attach for me!
Any advice on ways around this/ how to remedy this problem would be greatly appreciated!

thanks,
M.

You can use http://www.pasteall.org/ It is the most user friendly site.
Do you have more then one armature modifier?

I am pretty much a newbie, but I have sure had this trouble a lot before too. Here is one method I found to get the parenting right that usually works but not always.

Put Armature into pose mode

clear rot and clear tranlsate to put pose into same position as edit mode

align the character to the armature Edit the character if necessary, but [B]dont edit the armature

Select character (object mode?) and then shift-select the armature (pose mode?)

parent together (pose or object?)

I’d love to hear if that “method” works, or what is a “fullproof” method to get the parenting to always work without ending in reuined, torn, translated, resized characters when the parenting is exectuted.

Andrew

[/B]

Hi there, I deleted my armature and started again and did this and it worked… but … in the mean time I must have clicked something because my character follows the cursor- so annoying, I need to create a walk cycle for an animation and I cant until I get him to stop moving!! any ideas?? I’m really trying but finding it really hard to navigate around blender!! so many menus and options it’s really quite easy to get lost! :frowning:

thank you for your help!!
M