Programming Night

Blender 2.69 + Vray. Hope you like it. I know there are a few errors but it’s my first serious project (at least for me)

Dani

That’s actually excellent as for your first serious project. My guess is, however, that either you’ve been learning Blender a long way or you’ve had experience with 3d before.

As Impreza said, you’ve either been playing around before learning the stuff or you’ve got prior experience.

However one or two things

1. too bright - maybe it’s me, I have light sensitive eyes, but the screen and the lamp are too much glare

2. There’s no gloss anywhere. Even an old table would have some glossy look - wear and tear, smooth wood and all that.

3. Same - a tad bit gloss on the keyboard … you don’t have to adjust too much, just grab some keys that you would usually use often [such as delete, spacebar, NO, etc.] and just make a secondary texture based off the original with a bit of gloss. It’ll give the impression of some wear and tear.

4. Can’t really see the cig. Turn it to the other side.

5. the keys on the calculator are flat. On that basic version the keys usually stand out from the machine.

Other than that, not bad.

Okay! Thanks for the advices!! :slight_smile:

Wow! This is really good!!! Can we see some wireframes and other views and stuff?

I can see the material for the table making sense if it’s not a mass produce, store bought table. For example, if it was just a self made table from chopping up a tree and laying it down it would be spot on!

Though, I’m having trouble telling if there is a fish-eye effect or if the computer is just made curvy…

I really like the mood of this, maybe the cup is a little to small. But that aside a damn nice work :slight_smile:

This is really well done. Except a few minor aliasing and noise issues i really don’t see anything to criticize. Yeah, the monitor does look a bit curvier than you would expect but i guess this should be fine too if it is probably the late 90s - the CRT and the floppy diskettes seem to suggest that.

Overall, impressive work.

Nice one! I just did a computer scene as my first big project too. I like what you did better.

amazing!!!

The Hobbit :slight_smile:

Nice job for your first serious project! I actually like the bright glow because it captures the feeling of staring at a glowing screen at night with sore eyes perfectly :slight_smile:

Thanks guys! The glow at the monitor is like Jonathan L says. I’ll post a wireframe or clay render. I was trying to do the scene with Cycles but volumetric light increased ram up to 8 gb and I have 8 so it was impossible. If anyone know why… Because I have entire scene prepared for cycles, and textured and everything

Wonderful! Tonight seems to be a night like this for me (: Keep on blending!

Thanks Marton!

Really nice mood and atmosphere you have going. The modeling is really good too.
Only the table texture is a bit distracting but other than that - amazing render really. :slight_smile:

To me, the monitor looks a little awkward. Otherwise, fantastic job!

The only thing that throws me with the monitor is that with that particular camera and camera angle it looks like a flat screen, which doesn’t really fit with the shown era; 3.5" floppies and what looks like Win95/98; I’m assuming you’ve adjusted the camera so that it isn’t the default settings.

The only other problem is that the coffee is hot. No programmer has hot coffee, it’s always cold by the time they remember it’s there ;).

The only other problem is that the coffee is hot. No programmer has hot coffee, it’s always cold by the time they remember it’s there;).

Haha, very good point.

Nice work. Paper and a pencil would be nice somewhere around the keyboard. I just often plan something before I start writting.

I’ve noticed that in your earlier version of this scene you had quite everything what people are talking here. http://daniellimia.tumblr.com/post/74877267980/wip-old-programming-night-arround-90s