Fajar Kresnandar - Sketchbook

hi guys, this is my first post in this sketchbook threads. i think for this first post i’ll show you some of my old 3d modelling practice.
i hope you like it guys. cnc are wellcome.

girl on train (reference)

frankenstain (reference)

green spider gundala lantern (all in one:eek:)

latest image:

Attachments

nice models. keep it up!

Very nice work.

Girl on train is fantastic! Some more intersting light setup could raise it to top row IMO.

Good job for characters, keep it up on touch.

oh i like the girl on train nice

All : thanks guys, i’m glad you like it.
esgeee : :yes: yap, i think i should learn more about lighting. in “girl on train” scene, i just use simple lighting setup. do you have any suggestion?

All : btw this is a new render for frankenstain model. i hope you like it guys.

Hi!
I think the environment or fill light is too dominant compared to the key and rim lights, so there are no shadows or highlights which could guide the viewers eyes to the points of interest (probably the face). Some pp (RGB curves, glare, HSV, vignette) can also improve this (image attached, however this version is a bit more cartoonish). I hope it helped, but as i said, its a nice work anyway.

@esgee : thanks, it looks better. i like what you have done with my render.

this is some topology study that i did today. what do you think guys?
cnc are welcome :slight_smile:

body topology

Agreed about the girl on the train - it seems really close to being quite a stand out pic. I feel like there is a lot of space for some dirt, grime, wear and tear on the train and window. Something that makes it look really used and with a lot of character, it would contrast well with girl who is very cleanly modelled and textured. Also, there is some potential for some dynamic lighting - I would play with the lights to try and get something that uses much less key light (assume light broken on dirty old train) and add a lot of fill light/side light from the window + glow from screen of whatever device she is using.

thanks Blender Matt.

@all: i create new threads for “girl on train” on WIP. i hope i could see u there to help me improve that image. hopefully i could learn a lot of thing from you guys, thanks.

Nice Ichigo man!, and girl are very atractive, I like a lot, the composition that done esgee is very complementary, keep the good job! :slight_smile:

You do a really good job of capturing the personalities of the characters with your renders.

a thread with a lot of amazing work inside. masta. :slight_smile:

@joseperez, Maika, and Andri V: thanks guys :), hopefully i could do it better next time

i’m not good at texturing, so i decide to do more texturing practice.
here some texturing practice that i did recently on lowpoly object.

i have alot of unfinished 3d modeling practice :(, i think this is time for me to finish all of it one by one. i’ll start with this fanart model. burter fanart(one of ginyu force member from dragonball anime series)

this is when i leave it

and this is current progress.

for more wip http://fajarkresnandar.wordpress.com/2014/10/07/burterfanart/

an update for burter fanart

i call it finish :slight_smile:
burter fanart (ginyu force,from dragonball anime series)
i hope you like it guys

larger image here

next i’ll try working on another unfinished 3d modeling practice
Elephant Chief FireFighter, i create fanart 3d model from someone concept i found in the internet

here current progress:

an update:

larger image here