Remove Rigid Body and Keep Translation and Rotation

The physics engine is great for modeling large amounts of rubble or small objects that need to “pack” naturally like marbles in a jar. I can add rigid bodies to those objects and then calculate the frames to get a realistic look.

Now that I have them where they should be, I want to remove the Rigid Bodies. But when I remove the Rigid Body the object snaps back to it’s starting point. Is there a good way to remove the Rigid Body and keep the position and rotation calculated in the simulation?

Even better would be a way to do this for groups of objects since this will become tedious with more than a few objects. Anybody know of a script built for this? It seems like a common use case.

i have the same question.
I try to summarize what i’ve done:

1. i’ve created a cube, and applyed a UV, rigid body active, material
  2. i’ve created a 3D array of the cube
  3. apply the modifiers
  4. separate bu lose parts
  5. bake all dynamics

At this point i have many cubes that falls on the ground
IN that case, i choose a frame I like

Now i want eliminate all the simuation, but have all my cubes positioned like the frame i’ve choosen

I can’t find a way

CTRL+A Apply visual transform and then remove rigid body

1 Like

First you have to select the frame you’d like, as you’ve mentioned, then click “Remove Rigid Body World”. After that there’s “Apply Transformation” on the Physics panel which does exactly what you want.

You can also choose “Bake To Keyframes” under that, which bakes your simulation to keyframes enabling you to modify, copy, reverse, etc., summerized - do cool things with it later.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Great!!! Thanx!!!