Killer In The Woods (MagicBox Games)

Hey, let me just start off this thread by introducing myself. I am Charles R, I am 14 years old and live in the USA.

In my spare time I take up Programming, Blender, and Photoshop.

Now the reason I am making this thread, is I am working a first person horror game and I do not know if I can continue without a team.

What is Killer In The Woods? Its a first person horror game where your main objective is to survive in the woods. Its based off the game slender in some aspects. You are running from a blood crazed farmer. You (Or Friends) must run from him and see how long you can survive.

You can find the game here. Now note I do not update that page all the time. Some of the stuff on there is updated and always changing.

What I am looking to do, is find a team to help me continue this.

The team members I need

Level Designers (2)
Coder (1)
Modelers (2)
Texture Artist (1)

What do you get?
At the moment you get nothing. Now that does not mean we will not do more projects. I have more projects that can be done.

That is pretty much the gist.

You will need to have people skills as you will be conversing a lot with the other team members. Maybe sometimes strangers.

We will be using the Blender Game Engine. We can use others programs to model other than Blender.

Now as the way we will contact each other. What we can do here is have.

Google Hangouts

I prefer Skype or Google Hangouts but if you cannot email is fine.

If you wish to contact me you can pm me here, or email me.

Until Then
Charles

Hey Charles! I remember not that long ago I used to be in your exact same position, I was 14 and had huge dreams of becoming a game designer! Now I’m going to have to tell you something I wish someone had told me then, you need to know what you’re getting into before you design a game. You need to realize that games are a lot of work and a lot more complicated than you realize. I would NOT recommend making your first game in blender (if in fact this is your first game) because while blender is very powerful, you have to have a very good understanding of game logic to use it well. The way I got a handle on game logic was by many many failed experiments like this one where i would have some huge dream of a game and try to recruit people and maybe a few people replied but it always fell through because in the end I didn’t know what I was doing and neither did the people who responded. If you are determined to make this game, you can. But I think you need to ask yourself if you really have the skill set right now to do it. From this post I gather you’d like to be the director/programmer. What games have you programmed in the past? What teams have you led in the past? What previous experiences have given you the confidence that you can lead a team and program a game? Those are some really important questions You need to ask yourself. Then there are questions you should ask about the game itself. Does another slender clone really need to be made? If so, are you the one who needs to make it? Is this the game you’re going to be passionate about making? And most importantly, what will I be doing with this game that no one else has done? Now unless somehow I am wrong, and you are not like other 14 year olds and have a butt ton of leadership experience, have programmed several games in the past, and are redefining the slender remake genre, you probably will need to rethink this project and have another go at game designing. I choose my words carefully as I am in no way telling you to give up! I’m telling you to keep trying. This game doesn’t need to be made, and no one wants to work on it with you except for maybe some other 14 year olds that have as much experience as you. But there is a game idea in your head somewhere that DOES need to be made and that people will be really excited about working on, you just need to keep looking for it. In the mean time, watch Extra Credits http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCODtTcd5M1JavPCOr_Uydg and for blender tutorials, watch Goran Milovanovic http://www.youtube.com/user/goranmilovano Extra Credits will help you with design knowledge, and Goran will help you develop a skill set that makes you an asset valuable to a team. I wish you luck and I can’t wait to see what you create!

I was 13 when I entered Blender and starting trouble here at the forum haha!

I do remember pissing off PlantPerson all the time because I keep asking a lot of complicated stuffs even though I was a noob. Nevertheless, I realized modelling is my place :smiley: