Facade - First-Person Adventure Game - [ARTISTS WANTED] [GREENLIGHT]

Nanoforge, [Originally Facade] by Zelcon Games
***Website | Music | Art | Chat | Contact | Twitter | Youtube | IndieDB | Reference Imagery

What is Nanoforge?

Nanoforge is a first-person, futuristic, 3D puzzle-adventure game, built in Unity (C#). Players use nanotechnology to solve puzzles and progress through the game.

Want to play it? Just ask!

What have we accomplished?

• SUCCESSFULLY GREENLIT on Steam
  • Detailed GDD, narrative, and gameplay documents (25000+ words) to make development simple
  • Established code base: All of the basic gameplay mechanics are in place, and usable! We’ve developed custom tools to make level creation and modular level design a snap!
  • Proper management: We’ve successfully used project management tools since the project’s inception, that allow us to complete tasks, communicate, and see the big picture.
  • Modular from the start: We’ve developed custom tools to facilitate rapid creation of levels that are rich in detail!
  • Consistent, close-knit team: Our five core team members have been working on the project for nearly two years, save for a few breaks for exams and vacations.
  • Perseverance: The game began (as a concept) in 2011, and has survived transitions between three game engines, three project management tools, four programming languages, two business models, and countless Skype calls.
  • Detailed analytics: Every play session is tracked extensively via custom metrics, allowing us to view heatmaps of player movement, monitor enjoyment, and optimize the game to eliminate confusion
  • Music/SFX: Over a dozen tracks posted on our Soundcloud page, as well as several custom SFX, made exclusively for Nanoforge.
  • You can play it. Right now. Fully-functioning first-person puzzle-solving gameplay, in fact.
What do we offer?
  • Powerful portfolio pieces and references: Committed to the project? Your future employers will hear about it.

• Welcoming and determined team members: Ever lost track of time and stayed up late creating art? We’re like that.

• Flexibility: We’ve worked with team members from China, Italy, the U.K., Germany, Canada, the U.S., Poland, Russia, and Libya, in countless timezones. We value your time, and work to create a consensus for all meeting times, so everyone is equally grumpy.

• Consistency: We’ve nearing our 52nd weekly sprint review/planning Skype call.

• Simple, efficient tools: In-house tools empower you to produce art that looks fantastic, whether in-game, or on news sites.

• Industry experience: Over half of our contributors have worked on major titles in the past, or have had professional development experience, including work on titles such as Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Thief, and Halo 2.

• Minimal revisions required: We use a multi-stage process to minimize revisions to art, making development far more efficient!

• Venture capital contacts: Contacts with traditional tech investors via friends in Silicon Valley.

• Grounbreaking level design tools and procedural terrain generation

IS IT "REV SHARE"? Any profits from the game will benefit dedicated contributors, yes. But that shouldn't be the reason you join our project.

What do we need?

• 3D Environment Artists
    [LIST]
  • Can construct complex, rich scenes as modular pieces
  • Communication skills

[/LIST]

• 3D Animator(s)
    [LIST]
  • Knowledge of rigging and animation

[/LIST]

• Level Designers
    [LIST]
  • Can construct complex, rich scenes using modular pieces

[/LIST]

Note: C# Programmers, Composers (SFX/Music), Bloggers, Testers, Web Developers/Designers, Voice Actors, Designers and Writers are also invited to apply!

JOIN NOW

TINY SAMPLE OF SOME RANDOM ART THAT WAS LYING AROUND, SINCE PEOPLE LIKE PICTURES:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/cKDpKr48LDkg2PyENpND-7LP1p5UjTFB6nQ1ZzNg00i_tp8_cKJ3gqR5_WpHSyUCHnEwzIuNwPpXhSJ1rcnAwrH_AE1KWqcAXwn9ux9uCR8KGzH9qAo

***IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS/COMMENTS/ISSUES WITH THIS THREAD, PLEASE REPLY :smiley:

ALSO: WANT TO HELP US? TAKE A SECOND TO LINK THIS THREAD IN YOUR FORUM SIGNATURE! :wink:

Attachments

Very Nice Presentation of your Project. I hope you find some people to finish it :-).

Huh, a rare gem in the volunteer work forum! I’m strongly considering working on this project (and contributing more than an animated gif :p)

bump No luck yet. bump

]bump Still waiting. bump

I’m thinking of working on this. could you send me an email at [email protected] with more details about what you need done? Thanks!

This could be interesting, I’m an animator, I’m not a rigger but I have enough knowledge on it to know what I need to say if I find a rig problem and need to bring it up to a rigger.
I’d like more information though, like, what kind of animation are you looking for? character? environment?

Flick me an email at [email protected]
I am probably not really good enough to contribute yet (I am training to be a 3D artist) but I may be able to help a little, even just with materials or lighting

Mainly character animation, for the trailer and gameplay.
Please follow up by submitting the form at http://facade.so/join and adding xavier.sythe on Skype.

What kind of voice acting do you need?

General narration and “broadcaster”-type voices.Also, bump.

I might be interested.

bump Again, we really only need one talented, dedicated 3D artist. sighs

bump We still need people.

Hi there! If you’re still looking for voice actors, I"m interested! :slight_smile:

Cheers!
jmhilde

bump Added playable version to showcase art in-game.

bump Still looking for people.

bump Still need people.

I want to join but I dont know much about texturing. If you help me I can learn something too and I am a good modeler.

You don’t need to be able to texture, as long as you can create decent-looking materials in Blender. Sign up at thejoin link.