How do you make a Ragdoll?

Hello there again :slight_smile:

I’d like to make a bit of Ragdoll like animation. I was wondering if you can have blender do that for you or if you have to animate it your self. And if blender can do it, What steps do i need to achieve it? I’ve made a little Doll already and i haven’t rigged it or anything yet. I assume this has something to do with the Game engine but…

Any tips? :slight_smile:

It’s been a little bit now of me trying to figure this out, so if anyone wants to know what i’m trying to do;

I learned about setting up a Hinge using the Rigid Body constraints either in the constraints and physics tabs. Using these functions and trying to look up some wiki articles on them, i’ve been unable to get them to work well in Blender Render or Game engine.

Basically it would either completely fall apart or stay completely stiff.

As far as the rigging goes i’m planning on using Rigid bodies with a series of cubes and then addressing Bones in a rig to be parented to those objects or copy their rotations and what not.

Next up what i’ve been doing now that i am having difficulties in getting the correct way to work, i’ve steered off onto some weird path that is kind of silly. But after recently watching Andrew Price’s Fun with Rigid Bodies tutorial, i decided to make each joint of the Doll as a cube but add half chainlinks to where i would want the hinge to function. This way by intersecting the links from each joint cube i can create a allright ball like joint that can only rotate 180 degrees or so.

It looks kind of funny but i think that might be a good thing and i’ll keep experimenting with that for now i guess d:
I tried watching some tutorials for that Hinge method i mentioned earlier; The correct method, But with them using 2.5 and myself using 2.68 i feel like that might be why my result turns out different than there’s.