(Solved) Apc4Bpr, Community purchased computer.

I need your help.

70.08% there
250$ of 357$ raised

We are getting there!!

This is you? I thought you was back east and a little north. I do not know why I thought that.
This is someone else?

I was in michigan when I joined Ba :slight_smile:

Now I am in california, (have been for quite some time)

I clicked on the website link and went through it. I usually give to a needy cause, but normally this stretches out to instances of where the person needs shoes/pencils/meal to get to/make it thru to school. In your situation, I feel that you haven’t really explored/or taken courage to go that further mile make the dollar last longer, or sweat a drop more to make earned money.

I am a firm believer that one needs to challenge himself or herself, occasionally make the extreme and smart decision as it seems at the time.

As a layperson pedestrian labourer myself, often times I come across people just not suited to hard work under the hot sun/cold weather that I call home. It feels sometimes that they aren’t even trying, and then I don’t see their faces again.

It’s good that you have someone to live your life for, but I know that you can beat the statistics, and I mean this in the nicest possible way. Go forth young man. Collect that scrap metal on the side of the road, pick up the alumunium can. Do sometime a bit extra for the community, and get your face known. If I have known sometime from my poorer days of selling to strangers, face to face relationship building works better and opens more doors.

I wish you the best, but I have no money to give. (When I finally had a small surplus of cash a few months back, I used it to, at last, give a $10 to Blender, GIMP, Inkscape, and Audacity.)

One tip: If you want Americans to throw cash at you, you must say that you’re not a white male, and then they’ll throw money at you. (This trend of whites giving money to others is so pronounced that there have been a slew of hoaxsters lately claiming to need money, and getting tens of thousands of dollars.)

If and when I finally earn some financial success, I will first take care of my family, and then I will look at people in my community (in this case, the Blender community) for small assistance, here and there.

But I’m sorry I can’t offer anything. God knows I know what it’s like to be in that situation.

Try Craigslist, also.

Did you get (or are you getting) the computer from Scotland?

If not, I may be able to help you with a computer. I usually don’t give money/stuff to people as I worry I am just enabling them in some unknown addiction. Although in your case I don’t think this is the story. I’ve read your posts over time, and while you’re a bit out there, your heart is in the right place. I sympathize with your struggle as a father and a programmer without a box.

If the Scotland thing is going to happen, let me know. If you’re still stuck, I’ll dig around my pile of mostly working computers and see if I can ship you something.

Employing a scheme that utilizes lying will make the reception of any money coming in bittersweet at best, you might get the new PC, but you will have to deal with the guilt that came from tricking people (such a thing like this could even be illegal).

So my advise to BPR, if it’s possible to utilize the progress of Project Wrectified as a vehicle for showing that you have the means to use the money in a good way, then do it.

changed my mind

I get up at 6:00 ish, get my my midget around for preschool
We then both attend preschool as they are not staffed enough to watch 15 kids and my daughter, she ia exremely hyper, and amazing… just not an easy kid to watch.

We get home, then I take care of my girlfriend/fiance/married defacto girl, who has muscular distrophy, and can almost walk accross a room… I love my family, and take care of them, after playing, cleaning, meals, laundry, etc. My daughter is ussually out by around 6pm, so for 12 hours I am toataly occupied,

After 6:00 I then blend etc. For about an hour before I am to tired to remain awake.
My daughter is 3.5 years old, and 130% height and weight chart, meaning she is the size of most 6 year olds. She has trouble comunicating but Has already learned her alphabet, and 1 through 20 at less then 4. She speaks occassionally and we are working on sign, keyboarding and writing as well.

I am no stranger to physical labor, and have built buildings by hand, also I have designed them, I really can’t work a traditional job, as there are not enough hours ib a day.

Most people assune other people are not working hard…
Me

Forget about the red eye. Imagine your daughter weighs over 50 pounds at less then four.She is very attached to me.

My county has no jobs, we bought a house here when my gf was working, she has her masters in education. My water is the third highest rate in the nation,

I have income, its just fixed and I am not really able to buy a computer for me, rather then clothes and food.

It turned out to be more to ship the computer from scottland then to buy it.

It was too expensive, for customs and lithiun ion battery etc.

I am not lying about anything,
My girlfriend can’t walk. I take care of her.
My daughter is hyper and Autistic, and amazing. I take care of her.
Some people don’t like to be called a fraud. :ba:

End.

28% goal met.

I think this was refering to David brennans post, not inferring that your the one lying, he’d just warning you not to take davids advice :slight_smile:
(as if anyone would be that dumb!)
anyway good luck with your quest, i know hard times can be hard

LOL, i get it now. Sorry ace .

I am a bit defensive.

I really would rather I not have to ask for help at all, but things just don’t always work out. :wink:

BPR, What do you use Linux or Windows?

If it can run blender I will use a etch a sketch.

whatever is laying around , but I have been using windows 7,
I have always wanted to try linux, but don’t really have any hours on it.

I have recieved a donation,

100$ 28% of my 357 goal.

I have a good laptop, it’s the only one I have without an interesting “story” about how to use it. Right now it’s got ubuntu linux server on it, I was using it as a test staging server, but it’s been in my girlfriend’s closet for a few months now. I don’t know if you have your heart set on a cheap tower with GPU. So I’ll give you a choice. It’s probably going to cost me about $50 to ship it to you.

1. I can install a desktop linux distro (similar to windows) on the laptop and ship it to you and you could try linux, you could then use the $100 you got today to buy a copy of Windows 7 or other software if you don’t like it.

2. Or, I’ll donate $50 to your gofundme campaign and you will be over 40% of your goal.

I think the money, as I have had equipment faliures, I was going to try and get a refurbished PC with a 1 year warranty. Also I need get right back to speed withwhat I am used to. As people have been working on our project, I would like to get a demo out ASAP.

Fair enough. The $50 is there.

Best of luck with your computer and family.