Zippo Lighter

Hello all!
Here is a zippo lighter. So the idea came from my friend. I was at his house and I asked him “What should I make”. He gave me this odd name from this show or something. Im like “Uhhhhhh, anything else”? His eyes widened and he ran into this other room. He came back yelling “MAKE THIS!!!”, then hands me his zippo. So, then my eyes widen and I said “YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!” and went right to work. Let me know what you think!, I tried some new material techniques on this.

Let me know what you think, also feel free to post up some CC, even if you are new to blender :wink:

Nice Work!
Would you share the .blend File for me?
I would of course name you, when i will use it!

Nice render! Looks pretty realistic. I’m noticing some stretching textures on the thin edges, but apart from that, I like it! :slight_smile:

Hi Herlex!, I would love to hear what you want to do with it, PM me :slight_smile:

Thanks!, yes, your right there is some stretching on the top, it’s a detail I overlooked :S

Very nice, the small scratches really completes it :slight_smile:

Haha, you are a funny guy. :slight_smile:
I was also asking my friends what do make in blender a while back - good times. The model looks pretty neat. Id go for a glossier shader and Id also chance the lighting a bit. You have most of the details on the top of the zipper which makes it your point of interest so you should make that part lighter and the bottom part darker. In your scene is exact the opposite - you have a weird band of blackness on the top.
Anyway, keep it up man!
Cheers!

Thanks, Yes, it’s pretty easy to do too and it helps A TON!

Haha thanks! I love putting personality into my writing. Way better then writing stuff for school where it has to be dead serious. Anyways yes, I love the ideas my friends give me! Right now I am working on a 1st gen ford Bronco. The grill to that thing is ridiculously tough.
Anyways, by chance do you mean lessen?
Also good point, on my next revision I’ll take the black of the top. I might of gone to far with the vignette effect :S

first off STOP SMOKING :wink:
would like to see wireframe but modelling looks good!!
textures not so good , looks like you found it after yrs of sitting in a cupboard
the scratches are ok but they come from being dropped in a pocket with small change
which polishes it more shine where its used/abused
flame guard should be sooty at top an a sorta yellowy colour at middle
have fun

Haha, I stay far far away from smoking :P, I can’t risk messing up my lungs!
Also Wireframe is attached, also for the scratches, I made the center more scratches then the edges because the pocket “polishes it” where there is pressure, which would be the edges.
Also Yes I might of over done the sooty top, but I should add some different colors to the metal to show that it’s been hot before.

Thanks for the crit! :smiley:

Attachments

nice work!! couple of bits I might have done different
but looks like a nice clean mesh

happy blending :wink: