Snowy Outro Animation

Here’s a simple little WIP i’m wanting to do.
I want to create an Outro for my own youtube channel.
It seems like nothing fancy in my head, but if i could get it to look really great, i would be pretty happy xD

What i’m looking for is a kind of view of a metallic wall viewed from the outside where it is snowing. On the wall i want it to look a bit weathered like it is quite cold there often and somewhat faded on the wall is the Profile picture for my channel.

Then just some snow on the ground and a light blurred snowfall falling from the top right to the bottom left.

I have some nice music selected for it aswell and the only real thing that happens is about halfway through the animation the sun sort of comes out and shines on the wall.

It sounds simple, but complex at the same time… So i thought i’d make a WIP for it :slight_smile:

Here’s what i got so far.

Well i didn’t really get tips like i had anticipated but that’s fine.
I kind of feel proud doin something on my own for once without help .. cause i can’t remember the last time i did a project in blender without looking up tutorials or getting help from the forums ..

But i made an unlisted video for now, i think i have to turn down the volume for the music, but otherwise, i’m actually quite happy with it :slight_smile:

i’m just planning on putting 2 overlaid videos on the right side.

Hey looks cool. I don’t know the reason for the light moving, is it just a creative choice? Also, I think it might look even better if you considered adding snowflake shapes. But in the end you’re the one who has the vision for your creation.

Sorry for the bit of a late response, i was under the impression that no one was going to look at my post d:

The moving light was sort of an artistic decision. I liked the moving shadows and specularity on the wall to better show the amount of detail on it. My Realistic idea in my head was that it was cloudy and the light was coming in and out of the clouds. Until around 40 seconds or so i think when the music really hits the sun comes out with the yellow light.

As far as real snowflakes go it seems like a good idea but i feel like that would be a little too much detail. In my own life i’ve only seen snowfall a handfull of times or when i look at video of it the snow falling is always out of focus.
But it could be a neat thing to try d:

I’ve actually just finished creating an Intro for myself if you wanna see that too ^-^