OSL "standard" shader library

Hi,

I have been messing around with OSL for some time now, and I have seen all the amazing examples of shaders written with OSL in the “Open Shading Language Scripts” forum. Nevertheless, something that I am missing is a library of “standard” production materials in OSL. In renderers like VRay, Arnold, etc there is always some kind of multi-purpose material that can be used to reproduce most of the shaders. In addition to that, there are more specialized materials like SSS, light, displacement, …
I am thinking, that if I was to realize a production with OSL, I would need some “ready to use” shaders like that.
There is this paper by a guy from Sony which addresses that topic:
http://blog.selfshadow.com/publications/s2012-shading-course/martinez/s2012_pbs_osl_notes_v3.pdf

Since there are so many great shaders written by the community, I wonder if this is just something that is not needed? Or am I missing something and this is already existing? Or is it so trivial that nobody wants to do it? :wink:

Or is it just not needed because shading in blender is done by using the existing BRDFs (diffuse, glossy, transparent, reflection, glass,…) and wiring those together in the node graph? (I am new to Blender)

It would be great to get some feedback about that!