How to get Stepped Animation to work

Hi all,

This is probably quite a basic thing but I cannot seem to get it working. I’m trying to change my animation to stepped, but I cannot seem to find a way to actually make it work.

I read some where about adding an F-Curve modifier (Stepped) to the keyframes and I have tried to do that, but it has no effect.

What am I doing wrong? Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

You’re looking in the wrong area for what I think you are wanting. Some 3d apps call animation curves ‘stepped’, blender calls these ‘constant’, but it’s the same thing. To get this in blender, in either the graph editor, or the dopesheet/action editor, select the key frames you want to change (a-key to select all), go to the key menu in that editor, select the interpolation mode, and choose constant. This will give you ‘stepped’ animation curves.

Hope this helps,
Randy

Ah! Thank you very much.

That really does help; I’ve moved from Maya to Blender and I incorrectly assumed it would be under the same name, so thanks a lot for letting me know the correct name and way to apply it!

Cheers!

You can set the default mode in User Preferences > Editing > New F-Curve Defaults.

-LP